Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

David - thanks for sharing these nice variants - cheers Norton

Comment

David,

Thank you for providing photos of some very interesting SA variants. If any of the posted photos doesn't whet one's appetite for SA buckles then nothing will!!!

Comment

Detail is indeed very nice but saying the "birds" are close matching eagles is saying Mickey Mouse is Madonna
              Jean Pierre Redeuilh
              All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Those nice close-ups show one time more that eagle appearance is not an useful feature to distinguish fake buckles from original ones, but this rule is peculiar to SA's collecting IMO.

So, be warning newby collectors !

Regards

Ric

Comment

Originally posted by Ric Ferrari View Post
                  that eagle appearance is not an useful feature to distinguish fake buckles from original ones
                  Can,t agree more since it will be a real challenge for fakers to produce worst "eagles"
                  Jean Pierre Redeuilh
                  All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

???

"...but saying the "birds" are close matching eagles is saying Mickey Mouse is Madonna...".

Correct me if I am wrong, however I do not think that there is a single suggestion or even the faintest intimation that these SA roundels by their specific design (eagle and swastika), are close matching.

The thread refers to tool and manufacturing detail.

Regards,

David

Comment

Originally posted by David North View Post
                      ???

"...but saying the "birds" are close matching eagles is saying Mickey Mouse is Madonna...".

Correct me if I am wrong, however I do not think that there is a single suggestion or even the faintest intimation that these SA roundels by their specific design (eagle and swastika), are close matching.

The thread refers to tool and manufacturing detail.

Regards,

David
                      Yes indeed I have to make correction since I did not comment anything related to posted words and/or sentences. This is the reason why I did not quote anything said (or should I rather write "written"). I was just saying those "birds" as seen on those pics are, plain and simple, the ugliest representation of an eagle. It has to be taken as my bit of humour after reading Dan's comment: "If any of the posted photos doesn't whet one's appetite for SA buckles then nothing will!!" Maybe I should instead have quoted Dan's sentence and add something like " ... as long we do not pay attention to how "birds" are closely representing eagles" or something in this line. Was just an humorous post (I still strongly believe that saying some of those "birds" are looking like chicken is lacking respect toward those poor animals ... ).
                      Honestly, I never paid attention how ugly these "eagles" were until I notice those close ups (which are really good by the way).
                      Hope you are no longer feeling attacked since you were not (nobody was anyway - except the engravers who probably did not see many eagles in their childhood)
                      Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Pierre Redeuilh View Post
                        the engravers who probably did not see many eagles in their childhood)
                        Well, maybe #12 saw one ... but #10 was certainly an american immigrant thinking about Thanksgiving and how bad he was missing its favourite turkey thighs"
                        Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

JP, so you don't like SA eagles......for gods sake, the SS got their own buckle with a more impressing eagle - so we have you in the forum .....

but do not forget - the SA eagle is much smaller than the SS eagle - which is more difficult for the craftsmen.

Anyway - my "perfect" eagle is this one :
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NortonI View Post
                            the SS got their own buckle with a more impressing eagle - so we have you in the forum .....
                            ... and the SA got their Night of the Long knives. The SS made them pay to have to wear for a while such infamous "birds" before getting the nice ones ...
                            Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Hello I was watching the series Hitlers Bodyguards on the Military channel. It said something like "Over 200 SS officers were murdered by the SA in the year after the night of the long knives" IKirby

Comment

Originally posted by klr View Post
                                Hello I was watching the series Hitlers Bodyguards on the Military channel. It said something like "Over 200 SS officers were murdered by the SA in the year after the night of the long knives" IKirby
                                American propaganda . There should be morality at the end of the movie ...
                                Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X