Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Pete.

Evening All,

I have started fabricating the track guards, they are not as straight forward as one would think and as I haven't got the machinery neccassery to bend steel angle there is a lot of fabricating to do. The retaining brackets are a multitude of different angles and took quite a bit of research but I think that they are some where near. I haven't had any luck finding the correct steel for the guards at a sensible price, so at present I am just going to use modern diamond tread plate but I am making them in such a fashion that if some plate in the correct pattern does become available, it won't take much to change them.
    Attached Files

Comment

It took ages to find a horn of the correct diameter and I thought the chrome effect would look quite flashy in a combat situation. The piece of tube sticking out is a stop for the drivers hatch and will have a rubber bung in the end when I have made it.

Jon
      Attached Files
      Last edited by johann mor; 05-03-2020, 12:23 PM. Reason: added text

Comment

Incredible

I am absolutely amazed at your skill and creativity. Can't wait for the YouTube video of you driving it out of the garage for the first time!

Comment

I'm sure you must have been asked this before Jon, but what are you intending to do about tracks?

Comment

That's a very good question Steve, at the moment I am considering my options but it all depends on cost. I would like to find some originals but no luck so far.

There are two more updates to come but I am waiting for the forum update to complete so that I don't waste my time typing.

Jon

Comment

Hi,Jon! I wish we could go "stroll" together, duel.
              May 9, Victory Day, village, self-isolation... https://yadi.sk/i/lBdUL0Vtw4hWbg

A fluted "rhombus" in Russia is both steel and aluminum. You can buy it freely.
              https://sankt-peterburg.promportal.s...rifleniy-romb/
              Too bad it's too far...

Comment

Evening Alex,

It's a bit of a long way but it would be fun, anyway nice video your tank looks really cool. I might have a supply source for the correct plate, time will tell.

Comment

These two update are probably going to be a waste of time as they won't get saved on to the new server but...……..

All of a sudden it has grown and made, what would appear to be, a massive leap forward. The remainder of the resin has arrived, so I can now cast the tyres on road wheels. next job is to get the upper hull in place and start fabricating the engine deck.

Jon
                  Attached Files

Comment

Afternoon All,

First road wheel out of the mould.

Jon
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by johann mor; 05-11-2020, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Awesome work as usual Jon. It's really coming along.

Comment

Thanks STG, I am hoping to get the hull top on later this week so that I can start the engine covers.

Jon

Comment

Jon,
                          That road wheel came out rather well!

Comment

Having Panzer Withdrawal Symptoms

More pics please. This thread is the only thing keeping me going during the COVID-19 lockdown.

Comment

Originally posted by usmedalman View Post
                              More pics please. This thread is the only thing keeping me going during the COVID-19 lockdown.
                              I think Jon is waiting till the new server comes on line to show new images of his outstanding work.

Lou

Comment

Originally posted by Lou58 View Post
                                I think Jon is waiting till the new server comes on line to show new images of his outstanding work.

Lou
                                You are correct Lou, there's no point in having to repost everything. I am sure the update can't be that long in coming now.

Thanks for the interest,

Jon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X