Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My guess: 1970's pin given to attendees of a veteran's commemorative get-together. A dead ringer for other pieces in my collection of the same ilk and manufacturing technique.
    Last edited by Ralph A; 12-16-2012, 07:36 PM.
    -Ralph Abercrombie

Comment

I do not call myself a Tinnie collector and I do not go out and look for any Tinnies in particular.
      However over the 35+ years that I have been collecting, I have tried to keep one of every type of Tinnie that I came across. As you know, if you buy a handful of items from somebody, there is going to be a Tinnie in the pile.
      Most of these Tinnies came from veterans in the 1970’s and 1980’s. Back then, I keep the Tinnies because nobody would even give you $5 for one, they just were not worth selling. Now I'm glad I still have them all.
      Attached Files

Comment

3/4
        Attached Files

Comment

5/6
          Attached Files

Comment

Reichsbahn Tinnie

Just got this in.
            Attached Files

Comment

Envious!

Originally posted by tmca05 View Post
              I do not call myself a Tinnie collector and I do not go out and look for any Tinnies in particular.
              However over the 35+ years that I have been collecting, I have tried to keep one of every type of Tinnie that I came across. As you know, if you buy a handful of items from somebody, there is going to be a Tinnie in the pile.
              Most of these Tinnies came from veterans in the 1970’s and 1980’s. Back then, I keep the Tinnies because nobody would even give you $5 for one, they just were not worth selling. Now I'm glad I still have them all.
              **** yeah!! What a collection.

I will try to aspire to get anywhere near your collection. I'm just starting out on mine so a long way to go!

Keep Right On

Comment

"Mother's Cross Ribbon" Tinnie

The one with the mother's cross ribbon in post 1622 is interesting. Can we see a close-up, please?
                -Ralph Abercrombie

Comment

Some of my tinnies. What is the train tinnie represent? Thanks
                  Attached Files

Comment

#2 pics
                    Attached Files

Comment

The train tinnie is from a series of traffic signs put out for the WHW in February of 1941. It is for posting at railway crossings.

Curt

Comment

Here you go Ralph, it's a 1938 Sport Fest tinnie,.
                        This is the way I received it from a veteran. I am guessing that some proud mother wrapped her ribbon around it. I like the character it has.
                        Attached Files

Comment

tinnie

Originally posted by tmca05 View Post
                          Here you go Ralph, it's a 1938 Sport Fest tinnie,.
                          This is the way I received it from a veteran. I am guessing that some proud mother wrapped her ribbon around it. I like the character it has.
                          I agree!! I like it like that as well. Gives it that extra little something

Comment

1933 SA-Treffen Berlin

New Acquisition............
                            Attached Files

Comment

Only pics I have with me, but certainly the rarest tinnie item I own: the original production art sculpt for the 1937 MayDay badge. This was the master sculpt from which the dies were made to cast all the badges, and was sent from company to company for mass production. It's very soft material which explains it's worn condition - but that it's survived at all is a miracle to me. It's deceptively heavy due to being worked on a solid iron or steel block.

Comment

A couple new additions to my collections.

Jägerbataillon #7
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 50 users online. 0 members and 50 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X