Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached is a photo of the gold version I referenced earlier in this thread. As you can see it is missing the pin. And now the story.....was brought in along with a book and two post cards by an elderly lady. Seller claimed original owners were family members. The book is "Hofjuden" by Julius Streicher. The book has a 1938 XMAS dedication to Gunther Ollert from his alleged brother in law and Feucht Ortsgruppenleiter Jobst Metz. Came with two photo postcards of Metz. The gold tinnie supposedly belonged to him. Do not know whether he was awarded a blood order but I think it is possible.
    Attached Files

Comment

I saw this photo a few weeks ago in the new documentation centre in Munich. The majors of Munich. Note the badge in wear, I wouldn't bet against these badges being gold in colour, as a special higher grade for such high ranking politicians. Here is mine, this was belonging to a AH Stosstrupp guy who was also a holder of the blood order and a fairly big cheese in Munich.
      Attached Files

Comment

Gold version....
        Attached Files

Comment

These badges have also been seen with solid back plates and military style pins as well. These badges were held in high regard by some participants of the 10 year anniversary of the putsch.

Comment

Looks like Franz Xaver Schwarz is wearing a "mayor's chain" around the neck like the other guys in the first row. The caption refers to Bavarian mayors. Was Schwarz a mayor of a Bavarian city or just a Munich city council member ?

First session of an all Nazi Munich city council on July 25, 1933; I spy a few chains in the background:

Save
            Save
            Last edited by der-hase-fee; 05-20-2017, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Just finished a new project under coronavirus lockdown.

Attached Files

Comment

Gold and Silver Festival badges?

Mil

Comment

As l said one day, maybe that this badge, which was born as an Festabzeichen, became a decoration, as many other badges before. Maybe that it doesnt reached a national level award, but there are so many proofs to support this thesis.

Comment

Hi Gregorio,

"... maybe that this badge, which was born as an Festabzeichen, became a decoration, as many other badges before. Maybe that it doesnt reached a national level award, but there are so many proofs to support this thesis."

What are the "many proofs", I don't know any.

Uwe

Comment

Me, too.

Comment

Please read by yourself the previous 13 pages of this thread posted almost a decade before. I am very lazy to talk again about this topic and l have no special interest in prove anything. At the moment nothing new to add. The last inquestionable written information from period sources is that this is a festabzeichen, but....
                        Regards

Comment

"Just finished a new project under coronavirus lockdown."

Hi Andreas,

Glad that you're staying safe, under lockdown! Now tell us: What is this 'new project' you've just finished? It sounds very compelling indeed!

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X