Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As to the "gold" version, I have to wonder whether it's not really a highly-polished bronze badge? We regularly see SA Sport Badges that have been polished within an inch of their lives and, to the eye, surely look like they're gold in color...?? I guess some people just can't be satisfied with a badge produced in a dull bronze finish and have to "shine it up!" Just a thought...

Br. James

Comment

You could be correct with the over polish theory.

I paid a visit by the shop yesterday. He has temporarily misplaced the badge.

Nevertheless it along with some other items in the grouping (which I saw) were partially traded for some original KZ photos (which I also looked at) and are in the process of being shipped.

The original grouping owner is allegedly identified as a Political leader from the Nurnberg area (Gauleiter?). The group includes 80 plus personal letters, a hard bound Julius Streicher book and two small portrait photos of the man in uniform. I had no camera but will try and photo today before it is all shipped.

What is interesting is the Streicher book preface has the mans signature and what appeared to be printed dedication.

Comment

HI
        this mine

Comment

Gold

Hello all, as said before a very interesting thread! I have recently become
          more interested in this area of collecting, and I feel I may be able to contribute something here, some months back I became the owner of a first model Blood order, to a Munich member along with the owners full dress medal bar, some desk medals and a Gold version of the subject badge, all in a typical floral box they had been stored in for many years. The Deschler made badge has clearly been produced with this finish, it has a gold wash, certainly not polished, the set was a direct family purchase. I can make some images and will ask a member to post them,
          for me. I have no wish to sell the item.

Martin.
          Last edited by Martin Stiles; 05-01-2013, 06:36 AM.

Comment

FWIW, here is my example which shares the odd flaw on the reverse of the lower swastika arm with many other examples seen.
            Attached Files

Comment

Posting for Martin. I have held this in hand and can testify it is 100% a factory finish gold. The recipient was a Blood Order holder, I have his Blood Order and everything came together direct from the family via the picker.
              Attached Files

Comment

Closer up. Does anyone have any theories as to the awarding of this gold grade?
                Attached Files

Comment

not all is gold that shines...

Can you see if the gold plating covers any or all of the dings (anything that would not be there before the badge left the factory)?
                  cheers
                  Matt

Comment

Could it be possible that the original owner was someone of stature within the NSDAP and simply had the badge gold plate himself?

Some people do indeed like their bling.

Hermann Göring is a good example of a man prone to such pretentious displays.

Comment

I think we will soon be seeing more gold versions coming up.

Mil

Comment

The green verdegis on the obverse indicates this is a copper or bronze base metal. In handling the badge, does it appear it was plated prior to the attachment of the pin or after?
                        Richard V

Comment

These badges were held in high regard by those who attended the 9. Nov 1933 ceremonies. Badges have been noted in gold like Martin's as well as solid backed badges with a military pin attachment.

Comment

Those solid backed ones - those were private purchase pieces? Or were they sent to the jewellers to give it a strudier finish?

Mil

Comment

Originally posted by Military View Post
                              Those solid backed ones - those were private purchase pieces? Or were they sent to the jewellers to give it a strudier finish?

Mil
                              Think possibly either a presentation piece or done by Deschler or private jeweler.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard View Post
                                The green verdegis on the obverse indicates this is a copper or bronze base metal. In handling the badge, does it appear it was plated prior to the attachment of the pin or after?
                                Richard V
                                Judging by what looks like plating on top of solder it was likely done after pin assembly. It should be VERY easy to figure out having the badge in hand if it was plated long after it left Deschler's workshop.
                                cheers
                                Matt
                                Last edited by Matthew; 05-01-2013, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X