Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ Leaders Gold Sports Badge in wear

hi there

im am wanting to find out where the HJ Leaders Gold Sports Badge was worn: was it on the right breast or the left breast.

The only picture i have seen of this badge in wear shows it on the left breast.

However i have seen pictures of the HJ Leistungsrune badge worn on the right breast so wonder if it would follow this.

any help appreciated

cheers

dave

Hi Dave,

here is a picture of mine. Maybe this is the one you have seen, if not, he also wears it on the left side.

Regards,

Daniel
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Nordmark View Post
      Hi Dave,

here is a picture of mine. Maybe this is the one you have seen, if not, he also wears it on the left side.

Regards,

Daniel
      Vielen danke Daniel thats a very nice picture and yes it seems that the HJ badge is on the left breast.

tschuss

Dave

Comment

More HJ sports awards food for thought..

I woud assume the HJ SS division wore them in combat also if they were awarded the badge prior to joining the SS, wouldnt you? So there must be some photos somewhere showing that also. This badge shown looks like mine, and not the usual bright gold colored, as that would be shown in the photo, the bright finish that is.

I asked in the past if there was any hj mountain divisions, as mine has traces of green paint on the front, and i have been trying to solve that mystery.

So either that signified mountain units being green in color, or it may have been an attempt to subdue the badges reflective color for combat wearing, wich to me makes more sense than an HJ mountain division award..(my badge range is in the 4000 range) Im sure no one here has ever seen a badge with the green traces as i have tried to grunt out in my previous description ,on this forum, or has there?(ps. you need to change the angle of taking your photo, maybe more from the side...as i can see your reflection in the photo, no big deal, just thought id mention it) Also if you wanna see it , just holler. I really like the photo, thanks for posting it...me like>
        Can you take another one of the badge closer up to show the details for me? I would really appreciate it.
        Last edited by juoneen; 07-15-2009, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
          if you wanna see it , just holler.
          yes I would be very interested in seeing your badge thanks

I have one coming to me in the post from Deutschland right now so keen to learn about them.

I will post mine when it gets here.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
            I woud assume the HJ SS division wore them in combat also if they were awarded the badge prior to joining the SS, wouldnt you? So there must be some photos somewhere showing that also.

I guess they would have been worn by HJ and ex HJ members in all branches of the Wehrmacht?

Comment

Here is an article on the requirements for the HJ sports badges. While it does not address the golden leaders badge, it is interesting.

http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f83...ification-480/

Comment

Originally posted by Gefolgschaft View Post
                Here is an article on the requirements for the HJ sports badges. While it does not address the golden leaders badge, it is interesting.

http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f83...ification-480/
                Thanks for the link; i will check it out now.

Comment

Hang on this will take a little time, as its different than usually encountered

Comment

enhansed to show the green hue of the paint...

now the base metal almost resembles copper, but could it be tombac, or another material , as the paint is not on the swas, or the point except in a few spots, so it may have worn off, as i have never cleaned it.
                    Last edited by juoneen; 07-15-2009, 12:26 AM.

Comment

of course that was exagerated

Comment

paint still remaining by the dot next to the J in HJ

Last edited by juoneen; 07-15-2009, 12:27 AM.

Comment

flat end of the right side that leads up to the point
                          Last edited by juoneen; 07-15-2009, 12:31 AM.

Comment

There are still traces of paint on the sides leading down to the ribbing between swas arms, and may have been there also, but not sure. (I apologise for the crappy shots, not my usual quality of photo) also tool marks on the right.??
                            Last edited by juoneen; 07-15-2009, 12:32 AM.

Comment

stippling between letters shoowing paint also attached , and at one time stippling may not have even shown , as this is not enamel, but non transparent paint i assume. (it is wierd)
                              Last edited by juoneen; 07-15-2009, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X