Need help with 25 year NSDAP medal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with 25 year NSDAP medal

I'm trying to distinguish real 25 year NSDAP party medals from fakes. Please post any pics of real medals versus fakes, and any advice on what to look for to help me learn how to tell the real ones from the bad ones.

Thanks!

Mike

I now one thing: These awards are extremely rare. I believe that the real ones were solely made by one firm with the manufacturer number 19 applied on the ring. Bill Shea have at least one for sale and he is a respected dealer. These medals are also discussed before on this forum so you can find some more information when you go backwards in the numbers.

regards Theo
    Freedom is not for Free

Comment

NSDAP 25yr Service Cross

Mike,

I bought mine 15 years ago from another forum member and it originally came from The Dodkin Collection. I can't post photos until next week but can tell you that it looks very similar to Bill Shea's piece.

One thing which I have often noticed is that the ribbon has a flaw- it has a dark stripe running vertically down its length just left of centre. If you look at Bill Shea's cross, you will see what I mean.

I can't access my Cross at the moment but am fairly certain it isn't marked "19". I confirm that point next week.

Stan

Comment

I'd like to help, but only have the 10 year and 15 year medals.

Comment

I am (or was) a firm believer that there is only one type 25 year NSDAP cross - a thin one-piece maker marked type. However, I recently saw a three-peice example that is very believable. It is unmarked, has excellent details, and the center "cross" portion is thin, not like some fakes I have seen. Is it possible there is a three-peice version of this cross?

I will post some photos soon.
          Tom
          Last edited by tgn; 11-25-2006, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Tom, I, like you, have always wondered about the thick version of the NSDAP 25 Year Cross. ALL the originals I have seen have been the thin version, but you would think that a thick version would have been produced considering all the thick 15 year ones that are know originals and are around.
            I believe Detlev lists a thick version in his reference, but can't remember.
            I would really like to see a thick version if any of the site members have one.
            Ron Weinand

Comment

Hello,
              Here is an original 25 Year Long Service made by E.Ferd Wiedmann, alongside a 15 Year Long Service made by Juncker. The 25 Year is marked '19' on the suspension ring. The 15 Year is marked '2'.
              Best regards! Tom
              Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

reverse
                Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

obverse closeup
                  Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

reverse closeup
                    Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

heres the medal i m currently buying ,it is unmarked but comes with a certificate from niemann

Comment

here is the medal i m currently buying , it is unmarked and comes with a certificate from niemann the swords are as it came and not known when or why they were attached . anyone any ideas as to what they may have come off?
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Terry OToole; 09-10-2006, 04:55 AM.

Comment

25 Yr NSDAP Cross

Terry,

I reckon that those crossed swords came off a post-WWI Kyffhauserbund medal.

They have no place on the Cross and should be removed. They would not look out of place on a Social Welfare medal!

Stan

Comment

25 Yr NSDAP Cross

Here are the pictures I promissed last week. My Cross is of three part construction and is a slim type. Ring is unmarked. Note the dark vertical stripe in the ribbon which I've seen on a few other examples.

Stan
                            Attached Files

Comment

25 Yr NSDAP Cross

Reverse.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X