Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FrenchVolunteer View Post
    Hi,

hmmm i don't think that the other bidders were on the WAF, even more for a such incredible item as Graf's BO, and i noticed that some ultra rare items went quite cheap despite the promotion on the WAF. I almost bidded on one of them (thanks to one of Adrian's posts), but the Summer is not over yet, so it will be for the next time.

See You

Vince

Whilst I agree with you Vince, my point was that if I was to advertise my company here on the WAF with direct links to services we offer and with a running commentary on current prices, how would that have been received by the mod's?

Although I am a member of many other collector forums, the reason I spend more time on this one is because I do not like how the flow of threads on other forums are broken up through advertisements. Top and bottom banners are more than adequate on the WAF and I don't particularly see the need for blatant advertising wthin the threads.

Comment

This medal got a mention in today's Daily Telegraph.

Stan
      Attached Files

Comment

Decent writeup by BBC as well including a quote by our top local historian

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-derbyshire-49155723
        ------------------------------------------------
        Collector of French ww2-era insignia.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
          This medal got a mention in today's Daily Telegraph.

Stan
          .........and The Times.

Comment

Its obvious the hobby is alive and well

Comment

The Holocaust Educational Trust would clearly prefer it that we just read their version of history and not have actual artifacts from the period.

Ian

Comment

...or give the artifacts to them or some other museum so that they can perhaps profit from it's resale at a later date!!

Comment

OMG, there are collectors out there who like this sort of material. Quick, call the Jewish Defense League.

Comment

An inappropriate and macabre sale ...

So the private overseas buyer will deposit Graf's BO somewhere in Britain ? May be the Imperial War Museum !

Comment

The day I see a well researched, objective museum that openly studies the Third Reich and analyzes its many aspects fairly, then I will say that such pieces belong in a museum. But there is no such place for such important historical artifacts, so it falls to us collectors to preserve these pieces so that they are not lost because they are judged to be in "bad taste".

Comment

A society that gives Rue Paul it’s own TV show; whose government helps pay for sex change operations; that allows drag queens to lecture kindergarten kids - that society is concerned that a BO is in bad taste??!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
                          The Holocaust Educational Trust would clearly prefer it that we just read their version of history and not have actual artifacts from the period.

Ian
                          + 1 Nice to meet you recently BTW!

Comment

Originally posted by bmsmear View Post
                            A society that gives Rue Paul it’s own TV show; whose government helps pay for sex change operations; that allows drag queens to lecture kindergarten kids - that society is concerned that a BO is in bad taste??!!!
                            Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post

Ian
                            Originally posted by SiPo View Post
                            ...or give the artifacts to them or some other museum so that they can perhaps profit from it's resale at a later date!!
                            Originally posted by VtwinVince View Post
                            OMG, there are collectors out there who like this sort of material. Quick, call the Jewish Defense League.
                            Nice.

Comment

Sorry, your “humour” has lost me??

Comment

Originally posted by SiPo View Post
                                Sorry, your “humour” has lost me??
                                It's a kids thing. keep up with the maymays

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                                X