Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great stuff, CPB!! Assuming that Hitler's distaste for smoking in his presence -- and he apparently acted as if he HATED it -- has been reported correctly over the decades, I have chuckled to see cigar cutters bearing AH's Formal Monogram on those rare occasions when such implements turned up! One might suppose that there are still examples of "Hitler Cigars" and "Führer Cigarettes" yet to be discovered!

Of course I'm joking, CPB, and mean no disrespect to your obviously-authentic and beautiful pieces!

What also attracts my attention is the cufftitle "Führer Headquarters," the script of which is rendered in Sütterlin! As this script was among those banned by the NSDAP in 1941, as it was so difficult even for educated Germans to read and so proved to be a disadvantage from a military perspective, I've wondered whether this cufftitle and others in Sütterlin were also officially switched to Roman/Latin script?

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Nice pieces.

Chris. Nice Stuff. These are some nice AH type items . Brent

Comment

Indeed some very amazing pieces Chris!

My books:

- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
        - THE SS TK RING
        - THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
        - THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
        - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Here is a rare pair!
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Von Rader View Post
            Nice stuff Chris! Here is a rare pair!

Comment

Whoa, VERY nice.

Comment

It's actually a very rare THREESOME, mein herr -- don't forget the AH napkin!! I don't think I've ever seen a pair if scissors in the Informal Pattern before, and they're fabulous!

Cheers and congrats, my friend,

Br. James

Comment

A pile of this, 50 plus pieces, sold at Hermann Historica this week at like €300 a pop including the commission, looks like the European market is very soft on this AH silver.....

Comment

Where they formal or informal? Photos?

Whatever you buy from HH add 30-40% after fees, taxes,shipping. Still sounds like a "deal"

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Von Rader View Post
                      Where they formal or informal? Photos?

Whatever you buy from HH add 30-40% after fees, taxes,shipping. Still sounds like a "deal"
                      Erich, that is with commission. One lot of 19 pieces went for 4000 minus commission, so 5000 with. Mostly informal I think, there were some scissors and aspic servers as well and that all went for low money compared to what I've seen them for.

Comment

Wow, wish I knew about this auction!

Euro economy is weak at the moment, so its a good time to buy.

Comment

There was several lots of informal flatware, There was also an AH Formal Pattern silverware Large Formal pattern silver cigarette box which sold for €25,000 and a Formal pattern silver Matchbox, but don't what that went for.....lee www.treasuresofwar.co.uk

Comment

Wow, so some of the items brought higher than retail prices!

Comment

The cigarette and cigar boxes seem to be the most secure and supported price - wise. $20,000 - $25,000. These are the pieces that the big dealers keep. Everything else is having its ups and downs.

Comment

AH Formal & AH Informal Silver Sales Are Strong

I have been selling AH Formal silver pieces the best lately with some AH Informal pieces following with gaining collecting interest as prices are some less and fewer mfg. More unusual AH pieces such as rarer serving pieces and Coffee & Tea Pots ,Salt & Pepper Shakers,AH Cigarette boxs , AH Cigar cutters, AH Grape snips also strong for the more advanced collectors . I will say its seems the interest is high with many AH items but most collectors buy them on short term layaway plans these days. I am ok with that as I started my own collecting with layaway type purchases many years ago and understand completely . I personally have yet to loose interest as a collector or dealer. I have collected and handled many areas of TR and my favorite is AH silver pieces. Brent

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X