• Show
Clear All

Very nice Eric

Eric. A very nice grouping and photo

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Von Rader View Post
      my stuff.
      Wonderful display!
      Are the Tea and coffee pots AH or RK? Its a bit hard to see and thats why I ask.

Cheers
      //Felix

Comment

All RK except the creamer is AH

Comment

I have one last question for the forum. Now that AH silverware pieces have surpassed $1000 each, do you think that most buyers are buying multiples to get as many different pieces as possible, or are most buyers just buying one piece to have an AH silver piece in their TR collections?

Comment

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
            I have one last question for the forum. Now that AH silverware pieces have surpassed $1000 each, do you think that most buyers are buying multiples to get as many different pieces as possible, or are most buyers just buying one piece to have an AH silver piece in their TR collections?
            That's a good question Brian. For me, I only wanted one representative piece and now I have 9 pieces in my collection.

Comment

Brian, I would say most people start out wanting a fork, knife, spoon for starters. However then the collection bug bites and some start collecting the odd variations and serving examples. The down side it the stuff starts adding up! Keeping duplicates for me is too expensive.

I have also had collectors only want one example so it really depends on the person. Bottom line they are not making it anymore and its a deal compared to the millions of common army, luft, navy daggers....
              Last edited by Eric Von Rader; 07-31-2015, 08:02 AM.

Comment

AH flatware

Most of the AH pieces I sell are single orders based on the prices pushing 1400 to 1500 each for minty pieces on average with worn pieces selling for less . Not many can buy several at a time based on the prices they bring on today's market. I will say most complete a Knife Fork Spoon set and many add other single pieces or the rarer serving pieces. Its much like a drug. Average at first then wanting the more expensive and best as time continues if your focus of your collecting is the AH personality direction. I have been collecting and dealing in these type of AH pieces myself for 30 years and have not gotten tired of it or lost my focus. Its only gone up up in $$$ since I started collecting it myself. Its unreal to think you can own such pieces . Brent

Comment

My guess - 20% are buying multiple AH silverware pieces for sets. 80% are buying one or two pieces - maybe three - knife, fork and spoon, for their TR collections.

Comment

Some of BIll Shea's Eagle Nest documented hoard back on the market

Cool to report. i just worked a deal for about 12 pieces of Bill Shea's Eagles Nest documented AH formal pattern flatware hoard that was sold some years ago. Those pieces sold lighting fast at that time because they were documented as coming from the Eagles Nest and to the US veteran that brought them back with a letter of history prepared by Bill Shea . Nice documented pieces really. Will be offering them up shortly and I bet they sell like hot dogs at a baseball game. Collectors really like these when documented to the Eagles Nest I have found. Brent

Comment

Picture of Some of Bill Shea's Eagles Nest Hoard

Picture of Some of Bill Shea's Eagles Nest Hoard that just arrived to me today from a collector friend...Keeping a few pieces for my own AH collection and will be offering up the rest .. See attached picture
                      Attached Files

Comment

Quite an assortment of flatware! Very nice indeed!

Cheers
                        //Felix

Comment

Thank you

Would be nice to keep it all being such a nice documented Eagles Nest group but its also nice to share this hoard so many can enjoy it. Nice to look at it in one group like this. Wish it could talk. 2 of my pieces sold pretty fast today. Brent

Comment

Great haul, love those pieces. The story of that haul is every collector's dream.

Comment

Very cool history, nice to see it was all kept together. What I can say once a collector owns one of the informal or formal examples you become hooked!

Comment

Looks like there is a nice example of the grape snippers. I've only seen those for sale once before.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 11 users online. 0 members and 11 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X