Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blut und ehre View Post
    Thanks Kris!!

The reason I ask...is I have the opportunity to purchase this [trade really]
    There is no shipping involved! I would love to hear your opinion on what a fair value for it may be??...Assuming it is legit.
    I would be thankful for any constructive opinions.
    Kevin
    Assuming that is the original base and cannot see the mount but looks like something is up there looking at the top and no issues otherwise I would think 1500.00 U.S. Anything more would require and honest look, could be more but not off those photos.

Kris

Comment

Thanks again Kris!!
      In all honesty...that would be the lowest estimate I've gotten so far.
      But thank you very much for your honesty.
      I will have it "in hand" tomorrow .....I'll be able to take better photos of it then.
      The base is original also.
      More comments or opinions...absolutely welcomed!
      Kevin

Comment

The piece is legit in all it´s details - no question.

Go and get it.

Comment

Thank you Thorsten B.!!
          Can you suggest [in your opinion] what you think this piece would be worth??
          I've been collecting for a long time........but this kind of a thing is a "first" for me.
          Thanks
          Kevin

Comment

If I would have come across this bust here in Germany - I would have offered 1000 Euros, nothing more and nothing less.

Some might be willing to pay more - I wouldn´t.

Comment

Again!!
              Thank you for your help!
              To be honest ...I would think these go for more then that?? [Just a thought]
              I've been quoted considerably larger estimates then yours here in the states.
              No disrespect to you of coarse .....!!
              Thanks for your time and your opinions!!!
              More are welcomed!
              Kevin

Comment

Again!!
                Thank you for your help!
                To be honest ...I would think these go for more then that?? [Just a thought]
                I've been quoted considerably larger estimates then yours here in the states.
                No disrespect to you of coarse .....!!
                Thanks for your time and your opinions!!!
                More are welcomed!
                Kevin
                Kevin,

Your in a specialized market where everything matters and the valuation is done differently and the photos supplied do not allow for a higher valuation. Asking prices on the web and market reality are two different things and if you wish to pay more feel free.

So I do not know who is valuing the piece higher but the photos do not warrant anything over 1500.00 nor do I understand how they are coming in significantly higher, its an o.k piece and worth an o.k price, so either get better photos or buy the thing for whatever you want and be done with it.

Not difficult.

Best,

Kris

Comment

I'm sorry!!
                  I thought this was a discussion forum!!
                  I'm only stating the facts that I've been told and wondering why others opinions were so different! I thought I was respectful enough to ALL that commented so far!
                  Anyway as I stated before I am not buying it...I'm trading and I want to be sure it is real and I will have a fair deal!
                  I understand about the poor photos.... and I agree! But I cannot produce better photos until I can see it in person...in which I have not yet!
                  Kevin

Comment

I'm sorry!!
                    I thought this was a discussion forum!!
                    I'm only stating the facts that I've been told and wondering why others opinions were so different! I thought I was respectful enough to ALL that commented so far!
                    Anyway as I stated before I am not buying it...I'm trading and I want to be sure it is real and I will have a fair deal!
                    I understand about the poor photos.... and I agree! But I cannot produce better photos until I can see it in person...in which I have not yet!
                    Kevin
                    Kevin,

No reason to be sorry, discuss it all you want but the photos suck and its hard to valuate , anyone that says different is welcome to comment. The plinth could be cracked, the base may have issue, artist is o.k but there are better, size and we have no measurements but stated as life size.

You want to argue about it and pay more money, I really don't care and done commenting now. A simple set of photos is all that was requested and you want to debate value, so tired of that. Just buy the thing.

Thank you,

Kris

Comment

i agree with kris ,the photos are lousy,that is why i stated on an earlier post ,it lacked that green patina ....if the plinth is not cracked ,and bronze ,original to base ,i would say it"s worth in the $2,500.00 up range ,...would need LOTSSSSS better pics ,first ..like under the base ,etc ...

Comment

Thank you very much for your comments!!
                        I will be able to inspect and photograph it "first hand" tomorrow!!
                        Again I agree the pics are crappy ...[maybe on purpose for all I know] But they are what I have for the moment. More to come..unless the possible suggested problems become the facts of the piece! Then it is going back!
                        Thank you again.
                        Kevin

Comment

I would say Member Vid is spot on, 1500 is the maximum price. If you are trying to sell it for this amount in the future you could be lucky and manage to sell it at once. But most likely you have to lower the price to sweeten the deal for the buyer.

I would not have been surprised if the selling price in todays slow marked would be 1200+shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by Vid View Post
                            Kevin,

No reason to be sorry, discuss it all you want but the photos suck and its hard to valuate , anyone that says different is welcome to comment. The plinth could be cracked, the base may have issue, artist is o.k but there are better, size and we have no measurements but stated as life size.

You want to argue about it and pay more money, I really don't care and done commenting now. A simple set of photos is all that was requested and you want to debate value, so tired of that. Just buy the thing.

Thank you,

Kris

Vid, You had to know you had it coming. This posters response is typical why I and so many other will not quote a price anymore.

BTW, I think you were generous in your estimate. I would have gone a lot less. Not a good Fuhrer likeness IMHO, but just OK. It's a 'toss in' to sweeten the pot kind of item, not a 'Oh WOW!
                            -But HEY that's JMO !

-wagner-

Comment

Originally posted by wags View Post
                              Vid, You had to know you had it coming. This posters response is typical why I and so many other will not quote a price anymore.

BTW, I think you were generous in your estimate. I would have gone a lot less. Not a good Fuhrer likeness IMHO, but just OK. It's a 'toss in' to sweeten the pot kind of item, not a 'Oh WOW!
                              -But HEY that's JMO !

-wagner-
                              Serge,

Always about the money, a monkey see's a bronze for sale at 6500.00 and think he can flip cast iron for 7500.00. No understanding of the pieces and its just money. No workee like that as you know. I should have known better.

Kris

Comment

Hello All,
                                Thank-you all for your your comments and opinions- appreciated. I think it has been established that its a nice enough original, with a value somewhere in the range of 1200 to 2500- maybe a little higher, maybe a little lower. Stan- thank-you for the translation- great to know what it was presented for.

Vid & Wags, I think Kevin was just trying to make sure he doesn't give up too much for it in a trade deal- someone else in the States has quoted him a ridiculously unrealistic value and this person is the monkey- not Kevin.
                                I appreciate the value you have given for it as I know that you have seen a lot more of these that most of us and for what its worth agree with your valuation due to the loss of 'bronze wash' finish.

Here is another one the same without the dedication that was for sale a year or so ago for $2000 and described as "Near 'life-size' bronze bust (9.25"h) on dark green marble base (4"h x 5"w x 5"d). Artist signed: TH. LINZ. Foundry: SCHOHA MUNCHEN. Total weight: 21 lb"

Best Regards,
                                Michael
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X