Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bronze Hitler Head Bust for opinions & value

Hello All,
    I am posting photos of this dedicated Bronze life size Hitler head bust for a friend,
    It is signed TH Linz & foundry marked Schoha-Munchen. My friend is hoping for some opinions and ideas of its value and all comments would be appreciated,
    Best Regards,
    Michael
    Attached Files

More Photos
    Attached Files

Comment

Foundry Mark
      Attached Files

Comment

I like the bust but it seems to be a white metal with a bronze finish.

Comment

looks familiar

There is a similar bust on marble at ww2collection.com.
          Unfortunately he isn't selling it alone (included in his collection for sale).

Peto at point

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
            I like the bust but it seems to be a white metal with a bronze finish.
            i agree, it seems to lack that"green"patina...

Comment

Looks to be bronze, plinth is bent and lighting not too flattering but looks o.k. Like to see someone translate that dedication plaque?

Comment

dupe

Comment

Originally posted by Vid View Post
                  Looks to be bronze, plinth is bent and lighting not too flattering but looks o.k. Like to see someone translate that dedication plaque?
                  "To the Singing Club of Heidenheim on their 100th Anniversary 1838-1938. Presented by the Mayor of the town of Heidenheim".

Comment

The bust style itself seems a common example I have a smaller'Linz' one, but in bronze with a Luftwaffe dedication.
                    I do like your dedication...very interesting.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                      "To the Singing Club of Heidenheim on their 100th Anniversary 1838-1938. Presented by the Mayor of the town of Heidenheim".
                      Thanks Stan!. Makes sense.

Comment

Cool bust!

Comment

Hi there!!!
                          What would be the value on something like this bust??
                          Thanks
                          Kevin

Comment

I would want photos shot in natural light so I could see what that thing actually looks like and the patina can vary and is applied so flash does not help and it looks crappy. These are tough to shoot and most always better in hand.

The plinth is bent most likely from picking up the head from the rear, mishandled and it will go snap. Prohibitive to ship and not retard proof on packing and expensive to boot. Not worth what it would be worth with all the risk taken out of the equation. Risk is expensive to me so would not swing that heavy.

Life size is nice but bigger the better with these, get more photos of it with a shot 45 degrees upward to the rear base of the head.

Best,

Kris

Comment

Thanks Kris!!

The reason I ask...is I have the opportunity to purchase this [trade really]
                              There is no shipping involved! I would love to hear your opinion on what a fair value for it may be??...Assuming it is legit.
                              I would be thankful for any constructive opinions.
                              Kevin

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X