Berghof loot collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wim Vangossum View Post
    My mistake I guess. There was a very old lady and I thought she was the current owner of zum Turken??? Like you guys mentioned she was at the ticket booth.
    Regards, Wim
    Honest mistake, Wim. The lady you saw was ... oh, drat, I never can remember her name (if Tom L. reads this, he can remind us). She used to run the kiosk even when Ingrid Scharfenberg was still alive. They sometimes took it in shifts. But the older lady herself just passed away recently.

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
    I picked up a couple of stones myself when I visited the Berghof site in 1999, and I know other collectors have done so, too. If this keeps up, the whole site will be completely cleared and whoever owns the property now will avoid having to pay to have it done!Many thanks,
    Br. James
    It's coming true! It used to be that genuine pieces of the Berghof were hard to find around there, because for years many feet of fill dirt and rubble from other sites on the Obersalzberg were dumped where the Berghof used to sit (you had to go down off the slope at the front of the site to find for-sure Berghof bricks). But so much has been going on there in the past 5-8 years, that genuine parts of the Berghof foundation can now be seen (like both front corners of the house, beneath the big window).

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
    ... though I am unsure of what the Bormann lot now has to offer us historic tourists. Has anyone here visited those sites, either recently or in the past, and can perhaps provide a photo or two?
    Bormann's house site ... pretty much zero to see now. A wooden building for the ski lift mechanism sits on the house site now. There used to be brick house parts and other rubble pieces in the woods on the downhill slope below the house site, but I think even those disappeared when the hotel was built and ski lift refurbished.

Comment

Great stuff, Geoff!! Many thanks for updating us all! So many of us count on you to keep us appraised of what's going on at the Obersalzberg Administration!!

Cheers, my friend,

Br. James

Comment

The older lady that we all saw at the Türken Bunker kiosk (not Frau Scharfenberg) was Therese Kölbl. Tom Lewis informed me she passed away in January.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X