No announcement yet.

Berghof loot collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks very much for the update, Wim! I well remember that old lady at the desk at the Zum Türken -- I had a nice chat with her when I went down for the tour of the tunnel system under the Obersalzberg Administration! I had thought she had recently died...I seem to recall reading a note from someone saying that she had 'gone to her reward' -- which I took to mean to Valhalla or to that 'Great Berghof in the Sky!' Glad to know that she's still on duty there, telling the old tales!

Cheers, my friend,

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Wim Vangossum View Post
      The old lady is still alive and kicking in Gasthöf zum Türken" she's about 91 if I understand her well. She still telling stories too kids (big and small) who want to learn about history

Regards, Wim
      What are you talking about? Ingrid Scharfenberg died two years ago.....
      Her daughter Monika is now running the Türken.

Comment

Originally posted by praubal View Post
        What are you talking about? Ingrid Scharfenberg died two years ago.....
        Her daughter Monika is now running the Türken.
        That's what I thought...

Comment

Originally posted by CPB View Post
          That's what I thought...

He could be confusing Ingrid with another elderly lady who did part time work at the ticket booth...

Comment

Thanks for the clarification, Praubal. I thought it was Ingrid Scharfenberg that I chatted with 17 years ago, though that elderly lady was indeed working at the ticket booth at the Zum Türken.

Br. James

Comment

No problem BR. Dear Ingrid used to refer to her booth as Guantanamo. Miss her a great deal.

Comment

My mistake I guess. There was a very old lady and I thought she was the current owner of zum Turken??? Like you guys mentioned she was at the ticket booth.

Regards, Wim
                Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Berghof Tapestry .....

http://www.warhistoryonline.com/war-...gles-nest.html

Comment

Interesting story, Annelie...but they didn't show us the tapestry! And the location of the tapestry in Nazi Germany is as confused as is normal when folks nowadays talk about these matters: was this tapestry hung in Hitler's Formal Office at the New Reichschancellery, as indicated by the photo in the article; or in the Kehlsteinhaus, as indicated in the article's title (the "Eagle's Nest" is often mis-used as the name of that mountaintop building); or could it have been in the Berghof, Hitler's home above Berchtesgaden? Interesting!

Br. James

Comment

Here you go, there was a post about this a while back...

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=891428

Comment

Thanks for the backup, CPB -- Kehlsteinhaus is the answer!

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Fascinating stuff, CPB great collection and website!
                          Here are some pieces of plaster and glass brought back by a GI:
                          Attached Files

Comment

And a page from a "Timberwolf" division soldier's scrapbook, unfortunately no note on where/what the piece of fabric is from, but there is a letter in it where he describes going to the Obersalzberg in July 45. It seems to be of very high quality...anybody recognize it?
                            Thanks,
                            Fred
                            Attached Files

Comment

It's close in style to a couple here..has anyone ever seen any other pages of this swatch book? Only this one page of her book is shown in the book 'Hitler At Home'.
                              http://

Comment

Here you go

http://www.souvenirsofwar.com/resour...f-fabric-book/

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X