No announcement yet.

Berghof loot collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice to look at. the Boss is locking at some now stuff....
    Attached Files

Comment

I also posted this in the AH silverware 'sticky' thread but adding it here also to keep things together.

This is a hand painted plate given to Hitler on his birthday 81 years ago this week in 1934, signed S Stork for Sofie Stork - a Munich artist, friend of Hitler's and Eva Braun's and member of the Berghof inner circle.

This was probably stored and/or displayed at the Berghof or Eagle's Nest and I don't think would have actually been used as a functional plate per se.

I'm pretty certain Sofie Stork gave Hitler a handmade item each year. In his office, was a lampshade also painted by her (a panel of which sold at auction some years back). One of her pieces is also on display in the 45th Infantry Division in Oklahoma.

Stork also painted a set for Eva Braun's villa in Munich.

The front of the plate shows Frederick the Great. I wish I knew more about Frederick the Great's exploits as the scene was no doubt symbolic to Hitler in some way.
      Attached Files

Comment

Another amazing piece!

Thanks for sharing!

My books:

- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
        - THE SS TK RING
        - THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
        - THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
        - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Thank you, Antonio.

Comment

great

That is a super item! Very Nice!!

Comment

I already showed this in the pinned AH flatware thread above, but adding it here to keep things together.

The cup, saucer, tea spoon and small tray all have direct veteran provenance to the Eagle's Nest. I even have the container the veteran brought the china home in, which he took from the kitchens there. One of the bowls didn't make it, but he glued it back together. I will show that here someday. Even the saucer here has a little chip in it. For me, it's all part of the story.

The teaspoon was brought back by a 506th 101st PIR veteran.

The tray was from a Rainbow Division veteran, so it might actually have come from the Berghof, but it's close enough for me. I suspect many pieces of silverware were interchangeable between those buildings.

[I will be moving the tray along at some point this year, so get in touch if you need this].
              Attached Files

Comment

This is an AH monogrammed pillow case, from the Berghof.

It is huge, maybe twice the size the big formal pattern napkins. I have photographed it here folded into a quarter.

Interesting to note that the monogram is identical to those on many of the napkins. It would be interesting to do a study on monogram differences over the years someday.

A few of these (and their sheets) were picked up from Hitler's Munich apartment and now reside in the 45th Division Museum in Oklahoma, but this is the first I've seen from the Berghof.
                Attached Files

Comment

Wow Chris - quite a collection didn't realise it ran to the other items you have there. Many a late night trawling there...

Comment

Superb Pieces...I bet there is a window on the other side of that Tapestry...probably put up to block Off Hitler from getting Sniped.

Comment

A new photo to add to my thread.

The cigar cutter and grape snippers were looted from the Eagle's Nest by a member of the 506th PIR. The FHQ cuff title was taken from a large haul of these found in Berchtesgaden, by a member of the 501st PIR. These would have been given to members of the Grossdeutschland division to wear, as part of the Fuhrer's security detachment.

Cool to bring these pieces back together after so many years.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Been a while!

Thought I'd do a little display of some pick ups from the year.

I think the marble is from the Berghof fireplace (not the Eagle's Nest) as it's quite a sizeable chunk.

Found some nice photos, too. The one immediately below the marble is, I think, taken from within the garage which formed part of the SS barracks, right by the Berghof.
                        Attached Files

Comment

A great collection!!

Br. James

Comment

Lovely to see this. I visited the site of the Berghof a few weeks ago. The place is magic albeit no much is left. But certainly enough bricks and concrete pieces around to take a nice souvenir from this historical place. When I was there it rained and there was nobody else on the site so I could sit down and take the time to contemplate about all the things that happened there.

In the picture a few souvenirs. I hope the crazy left winged idiots don't see this otherwise they gonna dig up every little stone over there and destroy it in a crazy attempt to erase history.

Regards, Wim
                            Attached Files
                            Freedom is not for Free

Comment

I picked up a couple of stones myself when I visited the Berghof site in 1999, and I know other collectors have done so, too. If this keeps up, the whole site will be completely cleared and whoever owns the property now will avoid having to pay to have it done!

Like you, Wim, it was during a heavy rainstorm that I visited almost two decades ago and I wanted to see the remains of Göring Hugel and Haus Bormann while there, but the weather simply didn't permit that. My loss, for now I believe that Göring Hill is covered with a big hotel, though I am unsure of what the Bormann lot now has to offer us historic tourists. Has anyone here visited those sites, either recently or in the past, and can perhaps provide a photo or two?

Many thanks,

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                                I picked up a couple of stones myself when I visited the Berghof site in 1999, and I know other collectors have done so, too. If this keeps up, the whole site will be completely cleared and whoever owns the property now will avoid having to pay to have it done!

Like you, Wim, it was during a heavy rainstorm that I visited almost two decades ago and I wanted to see the remains of Göring Hugel and Haus Bormann while there, but the weather simply didn't permit that. My loss, for now I believe that Göring Hill is covered with a big hotel, though I am unsure of what the Bormann lot now has to offer us historic tourists. Has anyone here visited those sites, either recently or in the past, and can perhaps provide a photo or two?

Many thanks,

Br. James
                                The old lady is still alive and kicking in Gasthöf zum Türken" she's about 91 if I understand her well. She still telling stories too kids (big and small) who want to learn about history

Regards, Wim
                                Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X