Cufflinks on estand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cufflinks

PS: My statements were NOT intended to say that the items in question are not authentic. I honestly have no clue. I was primarily challenging the "testing procedure" as it were. You can't blame the skeptics on the forum for being incredulous. People DO find hoardes of things. It's just that we all know that real Nazi cufflinks are pretty rare, so when you see a pile of them, well................... in fairness, they may all be good as gold.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf100 View Post
      Hello gentlemen. These cufflinks come from a big hoard found in Pforzheim. If you read the description more carefully, you will see, that i wrote:

They were made from Fa. Schenkel, Pforzheim, RZM-number M 1/10. They are made of platinin and are unmarked.

The RZM number of the Fa. Schenkel is M 1/10. The cufflinks themselves are unmarked!!!!

I´ve attached a pic of the whole hoard. All these cufflinks are from the FA Schenkel. They are all sold, just my pair is available!

The enamel is good. I´am ring collector and have many enameled rings. I know, how to test, if the enamel is original or fake. This is good enamel and so are the cufflinks!!!!

Platinin is a mixture of different metals to have a platin alike look.

I guarantee for the originality of these cufflinks.

To the thread starter and others, that chaimed in: Please read more carefullier and if you don´t like it, don´t buy it.
      Is that horses? no... chickens?? no.. it`s Bullsh*t ! I mentioned these a year or so ago on wwm, they were not "found" in Pforzheim, they are being distributed by the Pforzheim gang of fake shifters. They are picked up across the boarder, like the vast majority of their stuff.
      Absolutely 100% Fake. Available since late 2009 on every german auction site for between €20-40.- but mainly on Militaria-company.

Comment

Originally posted by sgstandard View Post
        Cloisonne enamel was used extensively on automobile insignia well into the late 60's. I personally made cloisonne enamel jewelry in high school art class in 1963. This type of enamel is, in effect, melted glass. The idea that you can prove these cufflinks, etc. are pre-1946 manufacture by using a hot pin is absurd.
        Hear hear, there is no way to say with 100% certainty that any enamel was done before 1945. Postwar enamel right into the 70`s can be just as good. Anyone claiming this, is holding onto strings and desperately wants his Fake collection to be real. Today Epoxy or soft enamel is widely used because of the time and price. BUT, even today it`s possible to enamel a badge using Glasemaille and you will not be able to say if it was enameled yesterday of 100 years ago.
        Grasping at straws i say.

Comment

Here is the old thread from Feb 2010. (posts 31 through 38)
          http://worldwarmilitaria.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=5595
          If you know these sellers personally, then you will automatically know every time they lie... Their mouths move !!!

The best post on this thread so far is this one:

Originally posted by ELECTRIC View Post
          What the heck is PLATININ??????
          LOL.... Let me explain what it is, it is a nonsense word, that Polish plonkers put on rubbish, in order to convince other gullible plonkers that the item attached to the card must be real, because it has a nonsense word on it.

Comment

Hi Jo,,

~ supposedly the cufflinks came with authentic stickpins and documentation of the firm that made them during the war.
            I have purchased a pair for study. Haven't had much time with them but can attest they are real fired glass enamel, cheaply made [plated etc.] , which is how a majority of some of the kitch was made. I'm sure we'll hear more to come..

- hot pin can not tell you the age,,only if it is indeed real enamel as opposed to the newer 'quick enamels' which are just an epoxy..

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X