X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cufflinks on estand

For discussion:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=491540

I don't like the enamel and an RZM code is not logic on civil jewelery...

photo
    Attached Files

Comment

I saw similar or even these on the German forum MFF. Seems like very big hoarde was found.

Comment

Originally posted by schönbeck View Post
        I saw similar or even these on the German forum MFF. Seems like very big hoarde was found.
        is that found or made?

Comment

That are really horrible things!

Regards, Wim
          Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Never would be RZM marked or made. Fake / fantasy.

Comment

Platinin???

What the heck is PLATININ??????

Comment

Hello gentlemen. These cufflinks come from a big hoard found in Pforzheim. If you read the description more carefully, you will see, that i wrote:

They were made from Fa. Schenkel, Pforzheim, RZM-number M 1/10. They are made of platinin and are unmarked.

The RZM number of the Fa. Schenkel is M 1/10. The cufflinks themselves are unmarked!!!!

I´ve attached a pic of the whole hoard. All these cufflinks are from the FA Schenkel. They are all sold, just my pair is available!

The enamel is good. I´am ring collector and have many enameled rings. I know, how to test, if the enamel is original or fake. This is good enamel and so are the cufflinks!!!!

Platinin is a mixture of different metals to have a platin alike look.

I guarantee for the originality of these cufflinks.

To the thread starter and others, that chaimed in: Please read more carefullier and if you don´t like it, don´t buy it.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Wolf100; 02-02-2011, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Enamel

Perhaps you would share how you determine the age of the enamel? Thanks.

Shawn

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Southern View Post
                    Perhaps you would share how you determine the age of the enamel? Thanks.

Shawn
                    This is glas enamel as used prewar and during the war. Today or after the war this "real" enamel was no longer used, because there are easier ways to simulate its look. The new enamel is a paste or a plastic, like epoxy. If you have it in your hands and i had - You´ll see the difference. Real enamel is hard as glas and has a high melting point. The new enamel and plastic, epoxy are more weaker and have a much lower melting point. Just try to make scratches in real enamel. It is very difficult. Try a red glowing needle to stick into the enamel. The old glas enamel will show no reaction. The fake enamel will melt in a second.

Comment

What the heck is PLATININ??????
                      Platinin is a silver-white, not tarnishing copper, nickel, zinc, tungsten alloy.

Uwe

Comment

It could well be patriotic period jewelery. It sounded like it was RZM marked, which would be the kiss of death. If unmarked and hard enamel, I don't have a problem with it.

Mentioning a maker's RZM number was confusing.

Comment

Hi guys, I know this might seem unbelievable but these are 100%. AND, this is just a small bit of the hoard.

There was also a bunch of period documents found with it pertaining to the maker, displays etc...

No not RZM marked but the maker was approved and in the RZM system making various pieces, but these cufflinks are private purchase and not RZM marked..
                          ,,common guys these are pure period kitsch !

Check here for a bunch more,,some nice quality , some kitsch:
                          http://forum.germandaggers.com/ubbth...756#Post160756
                          Last edited by Gaspare; 02-03-2011, 01:05 AM.

Comment

The pic with the complete hoard off cufflinks and other items is made by me from items of my collection!
                            It was made for an other forum and not for here.

All this items are for sure period made by the manufacturer R. Schenkel, Pforzheim. That manufacturer made civil jewelery and also officiel items (patry pin, badges ...). For this there was the RZM number M 1/10 - civil jewelery (like this cufflinks) of course are not RZM marked.
                            All the shown items come from a big find of an old stock last year in Pforzheim/germany.

weissthor/odal --- germany

sorry my not so good english

Comment

enamel

Opinion Deleted.
                              Jack
                              Last edited by dolchmann07; 02-03-2011, 02:41 AM. Reason: opinion deleted

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X