X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
    You can get them them in plaster for the purposes of restoring your house

http://gebaeuderestauration.com/fotos_en.html
    I've seen that before. It kind of made me wonder as the odal rune was not banned in Germany until much later than the swastika.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
      First: it is without ANY doubt a wedding plate.

Second: the meaning and use of the runes and the whole theme and symbolism is not only what the Third Reich was about - including the fact that it was NOT common use or habit in german culture to use that kind of symbolic language before or after 1933-1945 - but

Third: this exact same symbolism is depicted and documented on another pure SS wooden cultural beauty as well.

Not we tell the piece where it comes from but the pieces themselves tell us - if someone fails to understand that language that´s a different matter.

The one who does not understand it should perhaps collect stamps instead of TR/SS cultural pieces, I guess.
      Careful, you are slipping back into acting like the SS guru who must not be challenged !
      Your 1: does not prove it is SS
      Your 2: does not prove it is SS
      Your 3: remains to be seen ,but from your sad track record, it is highly doubtful that some other item will prove yours to be what you claim.

Comment

Originally posted by ETN View Post
        I've seen that before. It kind of made me wonder as the odal rune was not banned in Germany until much later than the swastika.
        Yes, In the mid 70s in fact, to try & reign in the youth segment of the German National Front, "Wiking Jugend" But for awhile an Odal Rune without the up turned arms ( / as opposed to \/) was legal. You have to be a practicing attorney to understand the ever changing (ever assinine) laws regarding such matters in good ole "democratic germany" lol. Lets see The celtic cross (odins cross, Cross of st George, etc) with arms going outside the circle was forbidden but without the arms was legal. Now (since mid 90s ) BOTH are legal I THINK? Then there is the Wolfsangel, which I THINK legality is left up to the discretion of the local authorities. Its no suprise that when the VF were asked how so much of the 9-11 attacks were planned and originated from inside germany, they replied that they were extremely understaffed due to tracking cds & lps of bands like Landser, BFG, Skrewdriver,etc coming in and out of their borders!!!!!!! If it werent so tragic it would be comical. ANYHOW...for all those who asked for a front & back photo of my Erbhof plaque, here you go I even understand they are making iron repros of these now?
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RD Rygaard View Post
          I even understand they are making iron repros of these now?
          Oh yes, dont be surprised..a few here have tried to sell one or two for 500 + bucks...and that looks so easy to reproduce...for pennies in comparison to other items faked.
          All one piece of pored molten metal into a casting...and then aged a bit...how easy is that?
          Ever since they showed up in more than the odd rarity I have been uncomfortable with them.
          It is too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
            Oh yes, dont be surprised..a few here have tried to sell one or two for 500 + bucks...and that looks so easy to reproduce...for pennies in comparison to other items faked.
            All one piece of pored molten metal into a casting...and then aged a bit...how easy is that?
            Ever since they showed up in more than the odd rarity I have been uncomfortable with them.
            It is too bad.

Many thanks for all your replies Mike First on my Allach plate & its issue & now the repro Erbhof sign. I understand the copies are flat backed and lack the 3 mounting threaded holes? They have holes non threaded & non metric drilled thru the FRONT, correct?

Comment

Many thanks for all your replies Mike First on my Allach plate & its issue & now the repro Erbhof sign. I understand the copies are flat backed and lack the 3 mounting threaded holes? They have holes non threaded & non metric drilled thru the FRONT, correct?
              I honestly dont know, as I have not researched any known fakes.
              I have simply decided against getting one and just "letting go," of the old hope of having an original at this time.

Comment

Who wants to be EXTREMELY confused????

ok weve now had over 1300 replies to this thread. There is debate over what is SS & what is "Volkish art" Its hard to tie down what is pre III rd Reich, 1933-1945, and post war pieces in many cases with wartime makers producing some designs/items that cover all 3 eras. Now, I hate to add fuel to the BONFIRE (lol) but sit back and enjoy the heat! (after reading this scroll up for 4 pages and be ready to be shocked & amazed) I obtained these items upon my uncles death in 1987. They had been in my family since the early 60s Originally they were a set of 4. I still have 2 in my collection. 1 went to the best man at my wedding on his wedding day. The other I traded with a very dear friend in Germany. This was completed by 1991. (I can still acct for all 4 being in same hands) Now in 1998 (or 1999 monroeville pa Max show) I found another set sporting each a bogus brass dedication plate affixed to bottomstand along with 3 photos and a bogus "Wiking" cufftitle. I dont remember who were offering them but both had the bogus brass Wiking dedicated plaques,1 bogus "bookmark" Wiking cufftitle, and the 3 photos showed a few ncos standing outside a building with a huge sign out front reading "Heimat der Wikinger" (or something similar) and photos of the same smoking cigars inside the building around nicely arrainged armchairs with standing ashtrays (unable to make out if they were this design or not) The asking price was around $5,000.00. Now Ive HEARD that there are photos showing these though Ive never seen them. NOW.....
                1) Has anyone any info on where these came from and what period?
                2) Any photo proof (catalog, photo, etc) they are indeed Waffen SS?

I mean I absolutely adore them SS or not. But I seriously dont see any scandanavian country featuring the swastika on ANYTHING postwar & safe to say these are european in manufacture. If not SS are they NS period Volkart or even German? And after this long post I will add there are no markings or dates anywhere to be found enjoy!
                Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

enjoy!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hey - great piece!!

Thank you for sharing it.

Comment

Thanks for showing it. I don't know anything about them apart from being offered one that looks very much like it while I was living in the US, I was sent some photographs. It certainly has a period very NS or even SS look to it, I don't know if it has anything to do with the SS. It's something our Scandinavian collectors here may well know about though.

On a side note, regarding Scandinavian countries, in Finland the Swastika is still a good luck symbol. Like we honour the war dead here in the UK with the red poppy, in Finland you can buy a silver swastika ring to benefit the war dead of Finland from the Veterans Association there, basically a replica of its 1940 Air Defence Ring.

It's still a symbol of good luck as it was when used on the church, or even now on the war hero ring.

Picture of a Lutherian Church door in Finland

The Finland war hero ring

Last edited by Steve T; 03-27-2011, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Those with the 3 threaded holes IMO are original. The fakers would not go to the trouble or expense to do it right.

Comment

Yes, In the mid 70s in fact, to try & reign in the youth segment of the German National Front, "Wiking Jugend" But for awhile an Odal Rune without the up turned arms ( / as opposed to \/) was legal. You have to be a practicing attorney to understand the ever changing (ever assinine) laws regarding such matters in good ole "democratic germany" lol. Lets see The celtic cross (odins cross, Cross of st George, etc) with arms going outside the circle was forbidden but without the arms was legal. Now (since mid 90s ) BOTH are legal I THINK? Then there is the Wolfsangel, which I THINK legality is left up to the discretion of the local authorities. Its no suprise that when the VF were asked how so much of the 9-11 attacks were planned and originated from inside germany, they replied that they were extremely understaffed due to tracking cds & lps of bands like Landser, BFG, Skrewdriver,etc coming in and out of their borders!!!!!!! If it werent so tragic it would be comical. ANYHOW...for all those who asked for a front & back photo of my Erbhof plaque, here you go I even understand they are making iron repros of these now?
                              Does your Erbhof sign have any markings cast in the back? Mine is identical to yours but it has a number cast in the back of the odal rune, I think it's a mold number.

Erich

Comment

It really is a shame. I'd like to get my hands on an original one day.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 174 users online. 0 members and 174 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X