This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To fenrir:

This hot BDM girl is a drypoint done by Max Brüning in it´s original frame and can be recognized in Hermann Historica´s coming spring auction.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
      To Don:

I value your opinion but we have to consider as well:

The institute I mentioned is held in highest regards worldwide so I don´t see from that side any indicator that could justify calling my agenda a half-a**ed vetting process.

Indeed to give full evidence to my apprehension and personal belief that about 50% of the SS MK boxes are fakes it needs not me but the owners.

Again and to make this clear to everybody:

I have NO doubt that these wooden SS MK boxes indeed were in use within the TR period.

BUT: these pieces are relatively easy to fake with CNC-added processes and machines for example or still just by hand carving.

The high realized market prices certainly guarantee a high faker´s and dealers profit so they are attractive not only for collectors who invest their money in purchasing them...

You said: "However, if anyone has definitive proof of their useage - let's dig that up and shine the light of day on it!!!"

Since I see no chance that we can give doubtless evidence that and how they were used in the TR period yet - again: I personally have no doubt about their existence and usage in the TR period - we just need the owners chiming in and getting their pieces checked - and that´s just it!
      Ok, now I understand what you are saying. I am glad you clarified. I thought you were under the impression that they were ALL fakes. But, I agree that there are some fakes out there and they look very similar to originals. And I believe that you re saying to get each collector to check them out using the method you describe so we can call out the sellers. I see your point now. But, some sellers may be innocent and just not with the knowledge to differentiate fakes from genuine. There are some very poorly faked ones and some that look quite good out there and it may be hard to tell.
      I still have hope that some evidence will surface someday....when it does, the prices on those will skyrocket!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. R View Post
        ............the prices on those will skyrocket!!!

I believe these so-called MK boxes have always been undervalued.

They are extremely well made, and extremely rare.

They are also a bit of a mystery .............. which adds to their allure.

The fakes I have seen have always been of comparatively poor quality .............. when compared to period pieces.

One day, a photo will come to light showing one of these boxes in period use ............... whether for keeping copies of MK in during SS weddings, or for something else.

One thing is for sure ............. they were NOT issued willy-nilly at SS marriages.

If they are, indeed, MK boxes ............ they would have been kept by the units for use again and again at weddings. They would not have been presented to the couples with their books.

Comment

"I believe these so-called MK boxes have always been undervalued.

They are also a bit of a mystery .............. which adds to their allure."

Exactly!

Just like a Yule- and Family chest for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden View Post
            I believe these so-called MK boxes have always been undervalued.

They are also a bit of a mystery .............. which adds to their allure.

The fakes I have seen have always been of comparatively poor quality .............. when compared to period pieces.

One day, a photo will come to light showing one of these boxes in period use ............... whether for keeping copies of MK in during SS weddings, or for something else.

One thing is for sure ............. they were NOT issued willy-nilly at SS marriages.

If they are, indeed, MK boxes ............ they would have been kept by the units for use again and again at weddings. They would not have been presented to the couples with their books.
            From this I infer the MK casket/box had a ritual significance during a wedding ceremony. Did the book supplant the Bible as part of the ritual?

Comment

Interesting: Is it pure coincidence that You chime in here at this point?

Apart from your Jada-Jada: Do you have something interesting to add or something to hide??
              With a tunnel view and focus on a personnel crusade I don't expect this to open up your mind:

http://www.philipp-militaria.com/onT...l?103657-1.jpg

Comment

"Tunnel view"

First: your link does not work.

Second: just send them the items in question to get them checked and publish their assessment coming along with the pieces.

Easy as it can be!

Comment

Originally posted by Naval Enigma View Post
                  Did the book supplant the Bible as part of the ritual?
                  All German married couples were presented with a copy of MK ............. did wonders for Hitler's royalties!

The SS were trying to wean all their members away from Christianity and back to paganism. The Bible was not their favourite book.

Comment

Kreistag Hamburg-Land

Andreas,

This is the day-badge which you wanted to share with us here via your link, right?

You are refering to the fact that the used motif, the naked rider armored with sword and shield depicting a swastika on this day badge from 1938 is identical to the used carved motif depicted on one of the SS MK boxes you presented one time.

That rider motif has been used as a decoration made of metal for special MK versions as well as on one SS hero´s chest shown on the website of Kris Lindblom.

But that is not the point here:

I am refering to the common known example of the SS MK box which - for my taste and coomon sense - has lately surfaced just too often to be entirely good.

By the way: I got this picture of the day-badge from a military auction platform - if the owner may have an issue with publishing his pic due to copyright I apologize for putting it here as a quick reference and so it may get deleted if necessary.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Rider motif on LSSAH KIA chest 1943

Here is that motif used as decoration on the SS hero´s chest I was refering to in my last comment.

I used the pics which are shown on Kris Lindblom´s website - since I donated some pics for showing them on his website I think it´s not a problem that I use some of his pics here as well

I think due to my personal research I know who made this SS hero´s chest and I think it was obviously the very same carver who made the SS MK box depicting the same rider motif.

Nonetheless that does not explain the numbers of the usual SS MK boxes...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Another shot from Kris´s website:

As stated before copyright regarding these pics of this SS hero´s chest is in the hand of Kris.
                        Attached Files

Comment

"I believe these so-called MK boxes have always been undervalued.

They are also a bit of a mystery .............. which adds to their allure."

Exactly!

Just like a Yule- and Family chest for example.

except that the "MK boxes" are absolutely SS related while a Jul and familie chest are not all absolutely SS (some are/most are not), nor even necessarily Third Reich inspired at all. Any one could have one if they could afford to have one carved (so middle class civilians could easily have had them),or ideally had one passed down through their family-as many did. This was, as you know, an old tradition .
                          Dont you agree?

Comment

No.

Comment

Michael,

Name the individual who told you such nonsens - is he a WAF member also?

Even a wolf in WAF clothing so to speak?

Comment

Wir Rufen Deine Wolfe

Michael,

Name the individual who told you such nonsens - is he a WAF member also?

Even a wolf in WAF clothing so to speak?
                                You and your demands for "the naming of people," who do you think you are anyway?

on top of that, it is a dishonorable request.

So quit your howling.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 150 users online. 0 members and 150 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X