This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Erich,

Nice photo.But sadly I noticed during my last visit that all the colours have been painted black.sad but true

@ Chris: Very nice too but have you a picture with the whole text?The first part says ;keep loyal to the beliefs of your ancestors but then I can't read it anymore.

Comment

It says:

"Treu den Sitten treu dem Glauben unserer Ahnen schlicht und recht - treu bewahren wir die Scholle für das kommende Geschlecht."

The upper inscription is in Friesenplatt and something about that in changing times one should never give up.

"Ward de Tieden mol swer verliert ni den Mod - ? all mit Hand und dem ?."

The outside of that front looks exactly the same like the design of the upper wedding hall in the Otten´s Hof which had been destroyed by a fire in 1997.
      Franzius got his architectual design ideas from the north.

Comment

dont forget to look at the brick work

Dont forget to look closely at the brick work. Some of those shapes in the way the bricks were laid mean somthing too.
        For those living on the British Isle, some of your old brick buildings have runic shapes on them also.
        I have a photo of one with the odal rune shape in the brick work in what I think is an old British bank.
        Must have somthing to do with all those Angles, Saxons and Jute tribes and the Swedish, Norwegian and Danish Vikings who decided to stay in Britain.

Comment

As for the translation of what is mistakenly labeled as plat Frysian (in reality this is plat Duts (in local colloquia) or Nedersaksisch (in Dutch) or Dutchsaxon (in English):

Whenever Times are hard never lose courage

Thorsten, if you supply me with the rest of the sentence I will translate that as well - now it just seems to read: ... everything with hand and ...

Comment

kaiserwilhelm:

I meant Plattdeutsch as well but here in Westphalia we have a different kind of Platt than in Niedersachsen or Friesland or Emsland.
            Platt is (better: was) different already from one village to the neighbour village.

Unfortenately I cannot read the last part of the sentence as well as what it´s carved into the top of that front of the house but I believe on top we may find the family names of the farmer couple.

About ten kilometers from my village where I grew up there is a very old and traditional manor of the family von der Borch in Holzhausen where two big barns had been restored in 1936 and they also bear some real fine runic symbols in their front side created by bricks and a big dedication plate of the Reichsnährstand.

These barns were again restored and their whole NS-appearance is now protected and taken good care of by the administrative office of the westphalian monument protection which resides in Münster :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
              kaiserwilhelm:

I meant Plattdeutsch as well but here in Westphalia we have a different kind of Platt than in Niedersachsen or Friesland or Emsland.
              Platt is (better: was) different already from one village to the neighbour village.

Unfortenately I cannot read the last part of the sentence as well as what it´s carved into the top of that front of the house but I believe on top we may find the family names of the farmer couple.

About ten kilometers from my village where I grew up there is a very old and traditional manor of the family von der Borch in Holzhausen where two big barns had been restored in 1936 and they also bear some real fine runic symbols in their front side created by bricks and a big dedication plate of the Reichsnährstand.

These barns were again restored and their whole NS-appearance is now protected and taken good care of by the administrative office of the westphalian monument protection which resides in Münster :-)
              It's good to hear that at least this pert of history won't be destroyed by those Political correct do gooders!

Comment

Originally posted by kaiserwilhelm2 View Post
                As for the translation of what is mistakenly labeled as plat Frysian (in reality this is plat Duts (in local colloquia) or Nedersaksisch (in Dutch) or Dutchsaxon (in English):

Whenever Times are hard never lose courage

Thorsten, if you supply me with the rest of the sentence I will translate that as well - now it just seems to read: ... everything with hand and ...
                I have never been able to read Platt. Thanks for the translation. The rest of the sentence is, "legt all mit Hand an denn ward weder god." The top is a family name and 1937 date.
                Attached Files

Comment

Another lovely farmhouse from the same area with the Algiz rune over the door. These symbols have deep roots indeed, in this part of the world.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I think this cart with its Tyr rune would be a fine accessory for an Erbhof farm. This is an old thing from Niedersachsen.
                    Attached Files

Comment

A building in Bayreuth. It is called the Rotmainhalle and they hold markets for fruit and vegetables there every week. The fresco on the front wall was painted by Oskar Martin-Amorbach.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Very nice pics - many thanks for sharing!

Visable in the front created by bricks is on the floor with the two bigger windows nearly among the roof to the left the Eiserner Besen (iron broom) with which the inner enemies ought to be swept out of the Reich to clean it and sort it out and to the right the windmill being a symbol for good harvest and a solid life of the farmer.

These symbols are also explained in the Weitzel and in Ahnenerbe publications mostly written by SS-Sturmbannführer Karl Theodor Weigel who was also in charge for the development of the Externsteine project.

Interestingly enough Wiliguth himself published once an own völkisch periodical called "Der eiserne Besen" - that symbol can still be seen today at the front of the janitor´s house besides the Otten´s Hof in Wewelsburg where the sister of Karl Diebitsch ought to manufacture the tapestries with a small group of female employees - an embroidery given orders via her brother from the Amt München which was headed by Diebitsch within the Hauptamt "Persönlicher Stab RF-SS".

I think you all know that these tapestries are impressive SS cultural top pieces and some are still in evidence today or at least documented by pics from the period - like the one in Heydrich´s office in the Gestapo headquarter in Berlin.

Comment

Translation of second part of sentence on that beautiful farm house would be:

as long as we pull/stick together things will turn out right.

Comment

Great photos!

Comment

Ahnenerbe runic expert's view of architecture

I thought it might be of interest to a few here:
                              to see how an Ahnenerbe Runic expert took photos of the runic symbols thought to be found in the traditional farm architechture of the Deutsch past.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Michael Fay; 08-01-2010, 03:35 AM.

Comment

Ahnenerbe rune expert's barn study

A few intersting barns from the eye of a runic obscurantist
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X