This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cultural Chest

Here is a friend's chest who is letting me share this image with you.

He describes it as:
    A Volkische / Blod und Boden/ and possibly SS home's type of furniture.
    there is a tree of life , grown up from a heart. Then in the middle "THE" german tree-the oak, beautiful carved with some small mushrooms.
    And then the farmer on the field as one more symbol for the German country.And on the right the blacksmith, maybe as a symbol for "Wieland der Schmied" (Wayland the Smith )or forging weapons ,etc.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sergeant 08 View Post
      I have seen this one today!
      i dont know is this plate original or not but i think this plate was produced in the region"niedersachsen".the horse&horse's head is an old symbol in this region with a tradition of some hundred years.
      here two examples.
      regards
      tino
      Attached Files

Comment

Michael,

thanks for showing the pic!

Whoever showed it to you is very good in telling lies and stories.

But he is definitely not a collector to trust him.

You need evidence for my truthful statement?

Here you go: Click here

Comment

In the description hat chest is described by the seller as followed:

"Truhe Eiche massiv handarbeit von Schreinermeister aus Kaiserslautern von ca. 1955"

Translation: massive chest made of oak, handmade by master joiner from Kaiserslautern from about 1955"

As you can imagine I asked the seller - that piece had been offered already some time ago and nobody bought it - how he knows about the date of manufacture of the chest.
          He told me that a sign attached to this chest bears the master joiner´s name and the year of manufacture.
          Could be even made in 1954 or 1953 - maybe he cannot read the sign properly.

However: this piece is definitely from the Fifties - although showing beautiful motifs for sure.

But therefore is has nothing to do with TR and SS history and that´s the important point.

Is your friend a member here as well?

Comment

It would be great if someone here could show pictures of the link I added in post 67.

So that there is doubtless proof and evidence visable for everybody that your friend is an interesting friend for sure!

Comment

I like the Odal runes at all 4 corners on the top of the chest.

Comment

Capt.,

the appearance of an Odal rune (or any other runic symbol) is surely not an indicator for solving the question if a piece is made during NS-period or afterwards.

Why?

Easy to explain: until 1957 it was officially allowed to produce (and wear) for example the awards like IC, KC etc. in exactly the original appearance as they had been awarded until the end of WWII.

Until that time firms like Assmann, Krebs etc pp. produced these awards (and daggers, swords etc.!) in the very same way as before the eight of May 1945.

In 1957 finally the Bundestag came to the well-known agreement that a change has to be made in such a way that it was still allowed to wear the decorations of WWII - but only without showing any NS-symbols.

Therefore these type of awards are called the 57er versions.

Comment

it was not for sale

Thorsten,
                  My collecting friend was not offering this to sell to myself or anyone else. This is simply in his collection and he wanted to show it here. I only stated what he said.
                  Personally, I don't claim to know it all, especially in regard to these chests.

As for your information...very interesting but why dont you produce some evidence (photos that actually lend evidence to your points) , then we will all have learned something. If not... then it is only as good as your word.
                  Last edited by Michael Fay; 07-13-2010, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
                    Thorsten,
                    My collecting friend was not offering this to sell to myself or anyone else. This is simply in his collection and he wanted to show it here. I only stated what he said.
                    Personally, I don't claim to know it all, especially in regard to these chests.

As for your information...very interesting but why dont you produce some evidence , then we will all have learned something. If not... then it is only as good as your word.
                    Michael,

It was for sale last week on Ebay, as per link above, you must have missed it..described 'ca 1955'

Regards,
                    Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
                      Michael,

It was for sale last week on Ebay, as per link above, you must have missed it..described 'ca 1955'

Regards,
                      Steve
                      Hello Steve,
                      first:thanks for your clarification.
                      I meant it was not for sale to me or anyone at THIS time as of yesterday (as far as the owner informed me)
                      But I did not know about the information you just told me. Actually I never look at Ebay, so I will always miss everything on it.
                      For the '55 date, I know nothing about it, one way or another.

Still with certain SS gurus, I will need photo proof of everything always.

Comment

Michael,

You need photo proof of everything always?

It´s quite easy: just get a screen shot of the Ebay auction which I have just linked and there you have your photo proof - and onby the proof that your friend is a liar.
                        And if he even tries to sell that chest of 1955 here or anywhere else as being an "authentic TR or SS cultural piece" he then is a crook as well.

Apart from that a "photo proof" does not really help, one needs experience - and sometimes patience.

Comment

have you ever shared a photo of your collection

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                          Michael,

It´s quite easy: just get a screen shot of the Ebay auction which I have just linked and there you have your photo proof - and onby the proof that your friend is a liar.
                          And if he even tries to sell that chest of 1955 here or anywhere else as being an "authentic TR or SS cultural piece" he then is a crook as well.

Apart from that a "photo proof" does not really help, one needs experience - and sometimes patience.

Speaking of photos have you ever shared on WAF a single item of your own...ever?
                          pardon me for asking, but I cant seem to find anything (Of your own collection) on WAF that you have ever shown in a photo for us to learn from and admire--or critique and disagree with.

Am I wrong? If so share your links to your own collection of SS cultural items.
                          It is time to inspect and critique your collection like everyone else.
                          Words are so easy with nothing to show.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
                            Thorsten Beine has broken promises to repay me and has not fully repaid me after 63 days and counting.
                            I hope this is not going to turn into something personal ?

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                              Michael,

Thorsten, I THINK IT IS AMAZING THAT YOU CAN CONCLUDE MICHAEL'S FRIEND IS A LIAR WHEN YOU DO NOT KNOW THE FACTS, YET YOU ARE APPALLED THAT OTHERS MAY CONCLUDE SOMETHING ABOUT YOU IN THE FACE OF MORE DAMAGING EVIDENCE. I'll give you a minute to grab a Dictionary to understand what I am saying.

And another thing, you have never showed any pics of your collection. Do you even have one?? Or did you donate it all to wewelsburg? I've asked you to show your items but you never have. You are the only collector who is not proud of his collection. Or are you hiding something?

Comment

Hypocrisy

Thorsten, by the way, I see that you still have not paid Michael back. Why would I ever buy anything from you? I don't have the "patience" to wait years to receive something. When do you plan on paying Michael back? Put yourself in his shoes and you'd see how unjust this situation really is.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X