Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha. I keep my work toys at work, so I'll shoot some high-quality pics on Monday, and post. Cross is virtually perfect (one tiny scratch on the reverse).

Comment

These are pics of the German Order we got in this weekend out of the woodwork. While I have zero "vet story" behind it, this cross came in with a bunch of Deumer "sample board" artifacts. Clearly, this was on a Deumer sample board, and removed by the vet.
      Attached Files

Comment

More pics.
        Attached Files

Comment

Final pic. The back is entirely unmarked, has a "coke bottle" style pin.
          Attached Files

Comment

Sorry this is out of focus, but this is the pin-style.
            Attached Files

Comment

This one is silver with a gold finish on top, color of the gold is phenomenal. Once you see a real one in person, you will never confuse it with a fake. Now here's a question ... this one has the "coke bottle" pin but I have seen others in the thread (like the Weitze version) with a "straight" pin ... what is the difference?

Comment

Well, I say that those amateurs have been real busy! Another one...
                Chris Obermeyer.

Comment

Yawn. Yet another reason NOT to share things on a forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Obermeyer View Post
                    Well, I say that those amateurs have been real busy! Another one...
                    Chris Obermeyer.
                    With all due respect............

Attached Files
                    RonR

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Gottlieb View Post
                      Yawn. Yet another reason NOT to share things on a forum.
                      I agree Craig and by the way, I like your GO!

Comment

Go

Typical German Order by Deumer and, IMO, straight off the grey board sold to a veteran at the end of the war. I have seen two Deumer Boards (made for the GIs) with this type 3rd Cl. pinback on them still in the veteran's hands (believe me I tried to buy them, but he was and MD and didn't need or want any money.

Comment

Ron: any idea why this accepted-version has the "coke bottle" in and the Weitze one has the straight pin? I'm not saying the Weitze example is not right, I'm just trying to learn if there was another maker besides Deumer, or if Deumer made two versions?

Comment

Lovely cross Craig

Looks the same as this one I was offered many years ago:

Stan
                            Attached Files

Comment

All fakes as I PROVED that!

Comment

Hi guys,

Nice find Craig. The reverse hardware is also indicative of Deumer production, with that style of pin being found on some of their Kriegsmarine awards as well as their EK1s.

That on is a beauty too Stan.

Tom
                                If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
                                [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                                Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
                                X