X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medal

Chris
    Thanks for the response on the medal but i still think you are wrong 100% none of your writtings are Fact!maybe to you but no one else.
    Prove it with pictures Talk is cheap around here.

I have owned one Red cross neck order in the box also a brest star, ive owned one ealge order sash medal and several other great highend items. Have you ever owned any of these medals?

What book states that the medal is gold or silver and the Bronze ones are all fake?

Are you also saying every picture of a accepted German Order on this site is a fake?

And all the past experts on here are ALL wrong?
    Last edited by NBolinger; 10-07-2011, 09:29 PM. Reason: dumb comment

Comment

Bolinger,
      Please read on page 27 of Littlejohn and Dodkins Orders, Decorations, Medals and Badges.
      It says:
      "...BLACK SWASTIKA OUTLINED IN GILT AND GILT WORDING "NATIONAL SOZIALISTISCHE..."
      And on pagr 29: "THE BASIC CROSS ITSELF ON SILVER GILT..."

Also read Angolia´s "For Führer and Fatherland, Political and Civil Awards of the third Reich, page 233.

Let me ask you this:
      The German Order was the highest award in Third Reich Germany. The Eagle Order, although a very high decoration in any class, was situated, in value, FAR BEHIND the German Order, but still, Eagle Orders were made in solid silver.
      So, what make you think that the German Order, AGAIN, the highest decoration of a country, was made in cheap bronze?
      By the way, my collection is indeed big, but I cannot post pictures, and if I could I would never post pictures that does not belong to me.
      I guess now you know the differences from "false experts" to real experts, and again I am not the best, but my friend is.
      C. Obermeyer

Comment

Medal

Chris i thank you again for your knowledge and i will try and read these books, i dont have them but a friend of mine does.I dont read to many of the Old books since so much of the info has been disproven over the years.
        So are you makeing the blanket statement that ALL the german orders posted on this site are bad? If this can be provied without a doubt i wlll be the first to fall on my sword and accept what you have stated. You have a point with the eagle orders being made so well and the materials but this order was never really officialy instated from what ive read, why give a dead man a gold medal. Maybe the desigenr at deumer wanted them made out of bronze because they liked the fire gilt finish that it retained.Maybe 24k gold plate looked kind of cheap to them,its the same finish on the eagle on a KC oakleaves document.
        There is not thousands of crosses like mine, its just the opposite there are thousands of silver ones out there, I can only find maybe 15 pictures on the entire net of my type accepted german order and most of them are pictures of the same 5 or 6 maybe 10.
        Why cant you post pictures to prove your Facts, ask your friend?Information from 30 or 40 year old books does not hold to much wait anymore.
        Last edited by NBolinger; 10-07-2011, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Obermeyer View Post
          Bolinger,

By the way, my collection is indeed big, but I cannot post pictures, and if I could I would never post pictures that does not belong to me.
          I am not the best, but my friend is.
          C. Obermeyer

OK my neighbor has Hitlers underwear, oooh I can't show you because they are not mine. I am no underwear expert but my neighbor is.

Comment

This discussion should have been over long ago. Nbolinger you have a jewel there, Don't let anyone tell you any different.

Just let this one die because there will always be an excuse for the newly ordained "expert" oh right I am sorry the Friend of an expert.

Let it go man, just let it go.

Comment

medal

Old collectors who collected pre internet who bought all these highend orders and daggers made the way they are , they did so because the authors of these books posted and described pictures of fake badges and daggers, some may have had a interest in publishing fake badges so more of them could be sold. I have seen it before when an old collector who would consider themselves an expert because they can quote word for word whats in these books,they collected medals and daggers for 30 years and then they discovered the internet! Very often they post their grand orders and stars and such and then found out they were old fakes from the 60s and 70s when these books were published.The only thing these poor people have to hold on to and reference are these old books and they will cling on to them like the Old Rugged Cross, never accepting that there were duped for 30 years.Its sad ive seen it first hand several times.
              Last edited by NBolinger; 10-07-2011, 10:57 PM.

Comment

medal

I think so also thank you, but we are haveing a good debate and thats what this site was made for.To help collectors with there collections. Me and Chris do not see eye to eye but maybe something can come form this thred and shed some light on this Order. I still believe what ive read in past threads buy REAL EXPERTS is true and my type is the accepted original. All others but a few prototypes made in silver are suval fakes. Anybody can post pictures its not rocket science, again talk is cheap.
                Last edited by NBolinger; 10-07-2011, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Don´t worry I can totally understand your frustrations. Some people need to believe in something.
                  I do agree that this forum was made for this kind of discussion but I wonder what people like this "panzervtiger" is doing here.
                  Bolinger said;
                  "but this order was never really officialy instated from what ive read, why give a dead man a gold medal. Maybe the desigenr at deumer wanted them made out of bronze because they liked the fire gilt finish that it retained".
                  -The Order was oficially introduced By Adolf Hitler on February 11, 1942.
                  Do you know who were the recipients? Do you know what they did to their Nation to receive the award?
                  Frankly this award should have been made in solid gold in my opinion, silver is not enough for that kind of merit.
                  But your comments really made me laugh!
                  What makes you think that "modern writers" are NOT falsifying their research for their own purpose? Very, very funny!

Comment

I can tell you from personal experience; Mr. Bolinger has owned many high end orders and decorations over the years.
                    Best Wishes
                    Bob
                    www.collectortocollectormilitaria.com

sigpic

Comment

Thanks

Thank you Dr Bob! but ill never own as many high end decorations as you! Chris: nothing you have said has proven anything, its all heresay, I knew who the recipients are who were awarded the medal, its all in past threads in perfect detail, citations includedl! Prove it with pictures of these silver orders. Are you saying that all the German Order pictures by experts on this site are fake? Thats a bold statement and needs to be substanciated by facts and not heresay, 40 year old information, and out of date reference books.

Comment

My mind is made up. I wonder whether WC Stump is using a new alias.

Comment

I wish Bill was using an alias, he passed away several years ago.
                          Best Wishes,
                          Bob
                          www.collectortocollectormilitaria.com

sigpic

Comment

Mr. Obermeyer,

Thank you for your input.

I think we should continue to share our opinions and arguments in a civil manner - that is the best way to listen and learn.
                            From reading your comments it appears to me that you are a bit upset when bringing your arguments forward - I think there is no reason for that.

I am really interested in finding out more about these high and most desirable decorations of the Third Reich - and I am happily looking forward to a fruitful discussion.

Happy collecting.

Comment

Originally posted by NBolinger View Post
                              I think so also thank you, but we are haveing a good debate and thats what this site was made for.To help collectors with there collections. Me and Chris do not see eye to eye but maybe something can come form this thred and shed some light on this Order. I still believe what ive read in past threads buy REAL EXPERTS is true and my type is the accepted original. All others but a few prototypes made in silver are suval fakes. Anybody can post pictures its not rocket science, again talk is cheap.
                              Very well said. its a forum and we members can have different opinions. We do not have to agree. So we should have respect for others opinions.

martin

Comment

Originally posted by BobI View Post
                                I wish Bill was using an alias, he passed away several years ago.
                                Best Wishes,
                                Bob
                                Supposedly it's a nephew.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
                                X