Attributed Gold Party Badge Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimt View Post
    Here is Karl Wolff's GPB , brought back by a Lieutenant Colonel (MP) that arrested him I am not aware of any other of his GPB 's. Sorry for the poor pictures , maybe I should take a photo lesson?
    The real deal !

So much about provenance for a honorary GPB. Not saying it's not possible, but ...

Comment

Fritz Sauckel GPB, and his solid gold DAF honour pin.
      Attached Files

Comment

That is one of the highlights from my collection, the only key non Blutorden item I have now.

Comment

julius schaub

Obergruppenfuhrer Julius Schaub , Hitlers chief adjutant
          Attached Files

Comment

Now there's a GPB that could tell stories...if it could talk!! Too bad Schaub never wrote his memoirs; a great loss to the personal histories of the AH Inner Circle!

Br. James

Comment

Hi guys!

I posted this one before in a "Blutorden"-thread, but I think it also should be in this one:

Attributed to former Gauinspektor (Oberdonau) Stefan SCHACHERMAYR, who later served with a "Nebelwerfer"-unit (see picture).

Kind regards, Peter
              Attached Files

Comment

Portraits:
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by peterm View Post
                  Hi guys!

I posted this one before in a "Blutorden"-thread, but I think it also should be in this one:

Attributed to former Gauinspektor (Oberdonau) Stefan SCHACHERMAYR, who later served with a "Nebelwerfer"-unit (see picture).

Kind regards, Peter
                  And here.

Comment

And here.[/URL][/QUOTE]

Thanks! That was the thred I meant!Kind regards, Peter

Comment

Wouldnt want to be in the same unit as Schachermayer from that photo

Comment

Originally posted by jimt View Post
                        Here is Karl Wolff's GPB , brought back by a Lieutenant Colonel (MP) that arrested him I am not aware of any other of his GPB 's. Sorry for the poor pictures , maybe I should take a photo lesson?
                        Jim's sharing of the amazing Wolff GPB opens up an interesting point. Some A.H. badge recipients obviously had "wearing" badges created leaving their precious A.H. engraved badges in the case. Has anyone viewed any other example of these badges? Inasmuch as some A.H. badge recipients did have party numbers under 100,000, a viewer might not be aware that the particular badge was not a true GPB, but rather an A.H. honorary wearing badge.

Comment

Joe makes a very interesting point here: a hasty count of the number of Honorary GPBs awarded, according to Patzwall's book, comes to 37 awards to people whose NSDAP Membership Numbers were lower than 100,000, though apparently they did not qualify for the original numbered badge. Did those people receive badges with the "A.H." and date of award, or with their NSDAP number on the reverse, even though they received the honorary distinction?

(I always chuckle when I see the listing for Prince Auwi, whose number was "24!" He must have received not only the AH Honorary GPB but also an honorary NSDAP Membership Number, too!)

Cheers, friends,

Br. James

Comment

GPB 30479: Ewald Lamm

Gold Party Badge 30479, Ewald Lamm. If anyone has any further info about Ewald Lamm, please PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by JGoshenschmidt View Post
                              Gold Party Badge 30479, Ewald Lamm. If anyone has any further info about Ewald Lamm, please PM me.
                              Persistence pays off !

Comment

Hello
                                Here is my input to this very interesting thread
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by stukapilot; 02-08-2015, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X