No announcement yet.

Attributed Gold Party Badge Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Jon. It is always fun to flesh out the paper and award. I have a set of badges that were awarded to a young fellow in Thurigia, along with the Gau eagle. Researching him, I found that he had a habit of loosing his badges. His file included multiple requests for new badges to replace those verloren.

While discussing GPB and documentation of them, I might put out an APB concerning a stolen Besitzurkunde for GPB 51 286 to a H. Weitzendorfer. The badge was stolen from the dealer's table: Hannahsreich.co.uk.

Comment

SS Standartenfuhrer Anton Hartmann

This badge, party long service medals and ribbon bar and RPT badge were acquired from a vet's son. I found the name rather quickly in the SS DAL. The man's file is enormous. At least an inch or more thick. He was an older party member who at one time was Himmler liason in Reichsleiter Schwarz's office. With the outbreak of the war, he joined the Waffen SS as a reverve officer and with his economic skills, he work at various location in the east. Sorry about the color problems with the lighting. I suppose I must worry about incandescent vis a vie fluorescent now like I did with 35mm film.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by JoeW; 04-26-2009, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Notice the number is engraved. His NARA SS Akten included as his prerequisite photograph a portrait view in suit wearing a (the?) small party badge.

I have two or three others, but they are really nobodies: candy maker, baker and such.Like the young man in Thuringia who had a penchant for ordering more badges.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by JoeW; 04-26-2009, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Dear Joe, please post the details of the, "I have two or three others, but they are really nobodies: candy maker, baker and such.Like the young man in Thuringia who had a penchant for ordering more badges. " these are all very interesting and fill in the gaps.

Comment

Joe

Yes, let's see them all!
            George

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
              Thank you Jon. It is always fun to flesh out the paper and award. I have a set of badges that were awarded to a young fellow in Thurigia, along with the Gau eagle. Researching him, I found that he had a habit of loosing his badges. His file included multiple requests for new badges to replace those verloren.

While discussing GPB and documentation of them, I might put out an APB concerning a stolen Besitzurkunde for GPB 51 286 to a H. Weitzendorfer. The badge was stolen from the dealer's table: Hannahsreich.co.uk.
              Joe, did they take the whole group or just the document ? That sucks,I'll keep my eyes open.What show was it at?

Comment

Jon, Martin Stiles didn't fill in the particulars. I understand from others that he wasn't paying attention to him material and only learned of the theft some time after he returned from a show. He is in England I believe. Rest of paperwork is left. Only the urkunde was taken.

Comment

Artur Erich GPB 73 254

Here is part of a nice group I bought off ebay back when it was fun. Young man from Thuringia received his pair of GPBs and according to the notes in his files, he kept ordering more. The grouping included his numbered Gau Thuringia badge, his 10 and 15 year NSDAP DAZ medal and ribbon bars and some smaller badges.
                  Attached Files

Comment

This second photo of the reverse is with incandescent lighting. The first with fluorescent.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Willi Kőhler GPB 98 085 obverse

Willi Kőhler was born in Frankfurt am Main in 1897. He joined the NSDAP in September 1928 in Gau Hesse-Nassau Sűd. He was listed as a packer. He stepped on some toes and came up before his Kreis Gericht in April 1941 resulting in three years probation.

I couldn't find my badge of the Konditor. It is somewhere around here. I include my badge #154 as a start to find the lowerst numbered GPB in member's possession?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Here is the reverse of the badges.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Robert Runne GPB 61006

Here is a photo of Polizeiinspektor, later Polizeirat Robert Runne. From the file material I found, he seemed to be a party rank climber. His wife was a GPB holder too and he sired seven children with her. He got his wish to serve in the east and was captured in Hungary by the Russians, returning after several years.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Here is the photo of Hartmann from his SS file showing him in civies wearing a (the?) small gold party badge 72004. He received the TK ring early in his career, as well as the SS Ehrendegen and the Ehrendolch d. SA(SS).
                            Attached Files

Comment

Super Joe.

(I traded my one and only small Fuess for a low numbered Kripo disc.)

Comment

Joe, Great Collection of GPBs.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X