X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo from 1973 WWII Products catalog.

Bob Hritz
    Attached Files
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

1971 WWII Products catalog. Offered in silver or gold finish.

Bob Hritz
      Attached Files
      In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Eagle

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
        I have not seen one of the diplo tomback double-pronged in a long time, so I will defer to others. I recall the WW2 Inc. examples being cast and malleable--too much lead in the mix.

However, such an eagle was authorized by the Generalgovernement (NOT the RMBO). Here is one such example:
        I just ran accross this thread by accident looking for something else. The eagle on the hat is CuPal. Clad (copper and aluminum) Made by Assman. This hat used to belong to me. I have never seen a loose eagle of this type for sale. It is very different from the fake stamped brass type you encounter at the shows from time to time.

Comment

OK guys! Here is one of my diplomat eagles. This one was directly acquired from a vet by a good friend of mine, way back in the old days.

Anyway, I am going to show you that this one was made from the exact same dies as my mint one that has doubled prongs and the one that I have for sale on the E-stand. I have measured them, weighed them,
          and compared all of the details and die flaws, all the way down to the
          shearing flaws and they are identical in every way. except for the fact that the first one has loops instead of prongs and no "M" on the reverse.

They are all 100% authentic.

Best, Chris

Comment

vet eagle
            Attached Files

Comment

reverse
              Attached Files

Comment

loops
                Attached Files

Comment

Here is my mint one
                  Attached Files

Comment

reverse
                    Attached Files

Comment

close-up of the marking: "M"
                      Attached Files

Comment

These were just added in Weitze's last update (among some other items). I'm sure he won't mind some free advertising here and that I post his pics...

I'm a little bit confused about these insignia and would like to know if there is a consensus regarding the originality of this pair.

Kurt
                        Attached Files

Comment

While that single clip on the reverse of one board looks damn similar to Florian's, the swastikas and feet of the birds look different.

Generally, the embroidery looks the same however.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                            I have not seen one of the diplo tomback double-pronged in a long time, so I will defer to others. I recall the WW2 Inc. examples being cast and malleable--too much lead in the mix.

However, such an eagle was authorized by the Generalgovernement (NOT the RMBO). Here is one such example:
                            General Governement of Poland Officer with this visor cap
                            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X