Guidance on Diplomatic Insignia (group)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guidance on Diplomatic Insignia (group)

These are being offered to me in trade for a couple of nice DRK crosses I own. If all there (authentic/period pieces), I believe it’s a fair trade. That said, I’m hoping for some guidance on these pieces because, while I love a fancy set of insignia, I’m at a loss for reference material to review on diplomatic stuff. Also lacking in my search of threads here and on the web (as yet) are comparative pieces, known to be good, that I might base any honest judgement on. So...

The set consists of a wonderful set of boards, a rank sleeve shield and an eagle.

What concerns me a little is that somewhere in my web surfing adventures I seem to recall that period pieces (of these eagles) had a little ‘notch’ in the backing material around the top feathers. This may be nothing (not a signature characteristic) but it has prompted my query.

Here's the set - what say you gentlemen?
    Attached Files

rank detail - anyone have specifics on the paygrade or rank?
    Attached Files

Comment

Boards. Very attractive & I'm guessing for use with evening dress tunic. Never seen another pair so I have nothing to go on. Comment or links to further data?
      Attached Files

Comment

another shot - reverse:
        Attached Files

Comment

final shot:

Thanx in advance for any guidance & comment! Rick C.
          Attached Files

Comment

If I was you I would run like hell, these are just not up to embroidery standards one would expect from the time. I will find some pictures out and illustrate.

Comment

Thanx for the comment Gary. Photos for comparison would be hugely helpful since you (I mean me) just never see tis stuff around much. Thanx for ANY help you can be. Rick C.

Comment

While I dont own any Diplo stuff, this has way more in common with the Pakistani fakes than anything of the period.. The bloated appearance of the adlers is grotesque. It lacks the 'tight' finish I would expect..

While Diplo stuff has a certain allure to it, I wouldnt give this stuff a 2nd glance..As long as the fakers continue to produce stuff like this, we're fine..

Comment

While I dont own any Diplo stuff, this has way more in common with the Pakistani fakes than anything of the period.. The bloated appearance of the adlers is grotesque. It lacks the 'tight' finish I would expect..
                  txgauleiter..i mean no offence...BUT if you dont own any diplomatic insignia what good is it saying to the OP... It lacks the 'tight' finish I would expect

give me a pound every time ive said that about a girl

what we expect and what we get are two different things....

i would say to the OP ...first port of call would be to ask the seller of this insignia which pay group the arm insignia belongs...ie which rank..also does the set belong to an individual..or is it a mix and match set???

answer those two questions and you will know if your DRK crosses are worth trading

please keep us informed...i think this could be a interesting thread..not often we get to see diplomatic insignia on the forums

Comment

This stuff wouldn't be going in my collection.....
                    https://www.nsdapuniforms.com

Comment

Well, I'm seeing that there appears no warm feelings about this group. Does anyone (Gary/Jeff) have any photos of period pieces they might post so I (we) might compare these pieces?

Obviously this organization had far fewer members than most so the insignia is far rarer than most that's discussed here. Would be nice to view some accurate images for comparative purposes even if they're just scanned from a viable reference work.

Anyone?

Rick C.

Comment

Here are a few diplomatic items that show how exquisite the insignia should be on these items, Not like the obvious fakes that have benn posted at the top of the page. First of all the collar of a cape. Notice how smooth the finish is on the oakleaves, very fine bullion was used for the embroidery. Not like the the ones posted.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here is another shot of the cape this time side view, notice the outstanding bullion eagle and how fine in detail it is
                          Attached Files

Comment

Next up for your pleasure is a dinner jacket again look at the fine workmanship
                            Attached Files

Comment

Side view of the dinner jacket
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X