Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
    Agreed!

I will buy your Luftwaffe M43 hat Mr EKman if that is for sale?

I would be comfortable with that item being original,based on the 1 photo..

Glenn
    If I were to sell it what would you give me for it?

Here is a better picture?
    Attached Files
    Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
    All the best,
    Chris

Comment

The inside.

To cover what I paid, I'd need at least $65.
      Attached Files
      Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
      All the best,
      Chris

Comment

The cap was bought as a reproduction and put there to enhance the display.

As I said, I sell my original items AS SUCH and my reproduction items AS SUCH.
        All the best,
        Chris

Comment

Originally posted by TxGauleiter View Post
          $200 for a brick even with rock solid (pardon the pun) provenance is too much.

If you had a non-stop one-way plane ticket direct to the field underneath the Berghof site on the Obersalzberg under the guide of sworn witnesses and if your entire trip were video recorded uninterrupted from start to finish and this brick were dug up beneath 3 feet of earth, and you had to push aside buried AH silverware to get to it, $200 would be too much.

the proof that our hobby has officially transcended the ridiculous are becoming more numerous.

(no offense to the seller of the brick intended)
          What do you think I said when I got ready to get back into EK collecting after a long absence and found that Imperial EKIIs, which just a few years before I had been purchasing for $22-$35 each are now $65-$75 each!

Join the 21st Century my friend. And when you decide to start giving your items away at 1980's or 1990's prices, you be sure to send me a PM and let me know what you have available.

My point being that there are more of these bricks out there and if the people who have them would let go of them, can you imagine what people like Charlie Snyder or even some of our more reputable dealers would charge for them if, as I pointed out in my sales thread, they are already charging close to or over $900 for a simple piece of silverware? I am sure it would be well in excess of $200.
          Last edited by EKman; 07-01-2008, 01:20 PM.
          All the best,
          Chris

Comment

Sal and others,

I understand what is being said here about the idea of these "bricks" being sold, but in the end it's up to you whether you want to buy an item or not. I've seen the items from the Berghoff that Chris has and I trust this is what he says it is. I have no interest in it, however, so I will not buy it.

Best regards,
            Mansal

Comment

My comments were not to impugn the legitimacy of the brick or the seller, only to say that assuming it is 100% legit, $200 seems excessive.

Comment

Originally posted by TxGauleiter View Post
                My comments were not to impugn the legitimacy of the brick or the seller, only to say that assuming it is 100% legit, $200 seems excessive.

Don't fret friend, I didn't feel impugned. I just wanted to make the point that in the 80's or 90's, yes, I would agree that $200 would be excessive. However, that is not so today, especially with the trends upward in authentic Hitler memorabilia.

Also, there are not many collectors here who dedicate a large portion of their collections to this area (Hitler items)--I am one of them and have a modestly successful display of such pieces.

So, I feel qualified to speak on how that market has risen over the years as I've been buying those items. That's why I don't feel that I just snatched the number $200 out of the air, it may seem a little excessive, but look at it in comparison to every other authentic item of Hitler memorabilia out there on the market today and you will see that it is not excessive at all.
                Last edited by EKman; 07-01-2008, 02:43 PM.
                All the best,
                Chris

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Going rate of a chunk of the berlin wall is 195 dollars

Own a Piece of History
                    Order Your Piece of the Berlin Wall Today

Contact via E-Mail
                    or call 703-218-2982

Small Pieces $55.00
                    Executive Size Pieces $195.00 and up
                    Paypal/Credit Cards accepted
                    (extra charges apply)

Contact today to order!
                    The Berlin Wall Makes an Excellent Gift!
                    Prints and high-resolution scans of photos in the photo gallery are available for purchase.
                    Celebrate the victory of freedom over Communist tyranny with a genuine piece of Berlin Wall, mounted on a walnut plaque with a brass nameplate and a numbered certificate of authenticity.
                    Give a gift which will be treasured for life--Berlin Wall makes a great gift for any occasion including Christmas, anniversaries, birthdays and corporate recognition, or for that special 'thank you'!
                    Businesses will find this a truly special gift for clients and suppliers as well as for exhibit on desks and in reception rooms. The Wall makes an excellent achievement award, recognition item, corporate gift, presentation prize, etc. Reward the person who "broke down barriers." Custom mounting or specially inscribed nameplates are available.
                    Iam Uncle Sam
                    That’s who Iam
                    Been hiding out
                    In a rock and roll band

Comment

I have a pair of: "Hitler's last ditch underwear."

It sure needs a good cleaning...

Comment

Guaranteed genuine.

From Hitler's teahouse on the Obersalzberg.

Only 2 million bucks.
                        Attached Files

Comment

While the price seems excessive to me, it is not the issue. I find the issue to be that a brick is a brick. There is no way to prove it comes from the Berghof. If we start giving value to bricks what stops anyone from selling Hitlers bricks? I have tons of Hitlers bricks laying around myself. The idea is rediculous I think.

I actually have grabbed little bits from various "nazi" sites I have visited, but I couldn't imagine trying to sell them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sal Williams View Post
                            While the price seems excessive to me, it is not the issue. I find the issue to be that a brick is a brick. There is no way to prove it comes from the Berghof. If we start giving value to bricks what stops anyone from selling Hitlers bricks? I have tons of Hitlers bricks laying around myself. The idea is rediculous I think.

I actually have grabbed little bits from various "nazi" sites I have visited, but I couldn't imagine trying to sell them.
                            Sal, silver is silver and iron is iron and individually these items are of rather low value. However, put them together in the right fashion and add some historical significance and therein lies the value...such as the rather nice 1870 EKII that I saw you post. Would you like to sell it to me for the actual value of the materials involved? I mean it is only a bit of silver and iron, or does the historical meaning add some monetary value as well for you? You stated that you believe that these could have come from the Berghof, fair enough. I think I have presented a fair case that they did. I have also presented reasonable points to suggest that $200 is not out of line...especially since it seems that pieces of the Berlin Wall are going for $195 these days.

So, just as you would not agree that your 1870 EKII is just silver and iron. These bricks are not just bricks. The value lies not in the physical material involved in their manufacture, but in the historical events to which they are associated...as with everything else that we collect.
                            All the best,
                            Chris

Comment

Originally posted by EKman View Post
                              Sal, silver is silver and iron is iron and individually these items are of rather low value. However, put them together in the right fashion and add some historical significance and therein lies the value...such as the rather nice 1870 EKII that I saw you post. Would you like to sell it to me for the actual value of the materials involved? I mean it is only a bit of silver and iron, or does the historical meaning add some monetary value as well for you? You stated that you believe that these could have come from the Berghof, fair enough. I think I have presented a fair case that they did. I have also presented reasonable points to suggest that $200 is not out of line...especially since it seems that pieces of the Berlin Wall are going for $195 these days.

So, just as you would not agree that your 1870 EKII is just silver and iron. These bricks are not just bricks. The value lies not in the physical material involved in their manufacture, but in the historical events to which they are associated...as with everything else that we collect.
                              Let me ask you (with all respect): Do you really belive this..? Its really crazy to compare the price of materials in an ek2 or a brick. A brick is just a brick, no matter where when etc!! For an EK2 you had to risk your life! If you need money, please just get/earn it on an other way(again, with all respect!). I know im just a newb with my 11 post bla bla, but I hope you know what my (our?) point is. Again: NO OFFENSE MADE You have the right to sell anything for any price. I just think this is ...

MvG,

J-W
                              Last edited by J-W.Bode; 07-01-2008, 05:09 PM. Reason: ah I see i have 12 posts by now...;-)

Comment

Gents

Both sides have put good points across relating to these Bricks!!

But one thing I cant understand, is why people have to chip in regarding pricing!

Do you drive by a car dealer! stop confront him on his over priced stock? No you carry on driving

I agree that these bricks should be given away for free! I wont be gready I will only ask for 1 can i have free shipping?

Regards,

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X