No announcement yet.

Hitlers Bricks on estand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can recognize different brick forms. Colour, content, frogs, aging, lime mortars, concrete and sand mix's, weathering, factories, production flaws etc: I can identify most brick types used in Ireland in the last 200 years. :-)

Comment

I finally ended up reading this thread because it is 3am, and I am up with a stomach ache. My stomach doesn't feel any better but I have been mildly entertained. I think next weekend I will drive down and pick up a few bricks myself. Come to think of it, I feel like I may have one in my stomach right now

Cheers to all,

Johnnie

Comment

Originally posted by jhodgson View Post
        I am holding out for a carpet with tooth and chew marks.

I believe Rosie O'Donal has some for sale!

Comment

Greetings to all -

Although it seems rather practical, the intent to identify and confirm the origin of these bricks as those coming from the remnants of the former Berghof, it seems to me that it would be rather difficult to proove beyond reasonable doubt that these bricks did indeed come from the Berghof proper.

A fellow collector friend of mine who visited the sight back in 2003 picked up a couple of these bricks in the very same area on different days, while on a trip to Germany, and as evidence that he obtained them from the same said site, he wrote out a "warrenty" if you will of his having been there, signed it, and attatched his Berghof parking ticket for the given day that he was there to this same said "warrenty" for both of the bricks.

Later on, he gave me one of these bricks as an addition to my own collection, and as I have taken it on faith that it is indeed a brick from the destruction of the Berghof, I could no more ask a price for it then than I could today as how can I proove with out doubt that it actually came from this sight?

I wish you nothing but the best in your endeavours to sell yours.

Respectfully,

Frank

Comment

That would be the best way is to take a picture of yourself at the site picking up the said bricks. Number them and photograph yourself doing so at the site. The visitation ticket is a plus too.

Comment

Hello, here is one of my favorite WW2 souviners. This was bought directly from the late Vet.s estate a few years ago. It came with a whole box of German medals, silverware and 2 daggers. I like to think the two pieces came from the armrest area not the sitting region. Bill Bourque
              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 22 users online. 0 members and 22 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X