Vintage Productions

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about a thread of some Political Leader uniforms?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bob Coleman View Post
    The Tunic Was Being Sold By A Small Time Collector Who Had Only Picked It Up Two Weeks Earlier Out Of The Attic Of " A Very Old Lady." It Sat Out In The Open For 2-1/2 Days At The S O S Near All Of The Big Dealers. Due To The Plainess Of Design, It Drew Little Attention. As I Was Packing Up On Saturday(i Was Alone And Tied To My Table), I Decided To Take A Quick Cruise Through The Hall. The Tunic Caught My Eye Due To The Unique Design. However, I Never Thought It Was Going To End Up Being What It Is. I Talked With The Owner And Looked At The Tailor's Tag. Unfortunately, I Left My Reading Glasses Back At My Table So I Could Not Clearly Read It. He Offered It To Me At A Price Less Than $500. Whatever It Was, I Knew That It Was Worth That. I Took It Back To My Table And Put On My Glasses And Read The Label, " Reichskanzler Hitler, 9, November, 1935." It Was Made For Putsch Day. I Doubted What It Was Initially. Then I Began To Think About The Price I Paid. Since, I Have Verified Measurements And Discovered From Helmut Weitze That Two Identical Tunics By The Same Munich Tailor Were Found Years Ago In Munich. I Also Later Cooberated The Seller's Story With An Old Friend Who Knew Him Well. Unfortunately, He Was Also The Type Who Would Not Share Any Further Information. By Accident, I Fell In To A Great Historical Piece. There Are Bargains To Be Found At These Big Shows. The Next Year, A Friend Found A Genuine S S Tuxedo Badge In A Pile Of Repros For $25!

Amazing!! You are one lucky guy!!

Comment

Amazing indeed,

Very very nice!
      Our Mothercross project website:

sigpic

http://dasmutterkreuz.com/

Comment

Has anybody else had a look at it? I believe that Wolfe has had one or more Hitler uniform tops...

Comment

I'd love to see more. I KNOW that we've barely scratched the surface here...
          Attached Files

Comment

Johann,
            been a fan of your PL guy there and his greatcoat for a long time...
            glad to you see you hanging around over here...

Comment

Great set Johann
              https://www.nsdapuniforms.com

Comment

Originally posted by gauost View Post
                MG-Freak - No DAF Uniforms, although they were part of the PL crowd I never got into the cloth other than flags.
                Thanks for your comments -
                Horst

Picked up mine a couple of weeks ago.

Last photo, complete set.

Comment

That is a very Nice Daf Tunic you have there could you perhaps make some close-up of the sidecap??

Comment

Thnx. No problem will post it as some as possible

Comment

This white double breasted Ortsgruppenleiter tunic turned up at a show in the Pacific Northwest several years ago, with the matching visor. I ended up with the tunic later, but the visor had been sold off separately. I would love to find that visor!
                      Attached Files

Comment

I thought I might post the one tunic/cap I have but after viewing Bob's contributon and Johann and Jeffs tunics, I would be embarassed to add to this thread. What wonderful stuff.
                        Richard V

Comment

Richard,
                          Share your tunic, please!
                          This is a thread where we can all enjoy the aesthetics of the era...I am sure you are proud of your ensemble... Everybody started off with a 1st uniform! Even the guys with the most advanced collections are always pleased to see new groupings!

Any piece that has survived 70+ years is significant.. Those that hang out on this side of the forum would love to see as many examples as possible!

Jeff, that summer Double-Breasted is an absolute breath-taker...

Comment

Richard-
                            I Agree. Let Us See Your Tunic.

Jeff-
                            I Remember The Story About The White Tunic And What It Took For You To Get It. I Never Heard The Story About The White Hat Though. At Least You Know It Is Out There And Eventually, I Am Sure You Will Find It.

Comment

Yes Richard, we need this thread to show them all

Comment

Kreisleiter. This tunic has the Buro dress style slash bottom pockets. This style tunic is much harder to find...
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X