WW2Treasures

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets see your TeNo Uniforms, Insignia and Headgear!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helmet
    Attached Files

Comment

;
      Attached Files

Comment

Teno Overcoat

I have a nice TeNo Overcoat. I would like to restore it someday. It has only one TeNo button on it, on the rear. Missing : eagle, tabs,and boards. Nothing fancy just EM. I would like to start with an eagle, one that's been coat or tunic removed. Someday..... Thanks, Dave.
        Attached Files

Comment

Teno Overcoat

inside
          Attached Files

Comment

Teno Overcoat

button
            Attached Files

Comment

Super TeNo Blue Overcoat - Mantel

Super TeNo Blue Overcoat - Mantel (!)

CONGRATS Stug III,

Your TeNo Blue Overcoat - Mantel - is quite special ! They are one of the most difficult
              TeNo uniform items to find. Yours was made / used after 1940, as that was when the
              "Technische Nothilfe" Cuff Titles were introduced [primarily for use outside of the Reich
              borders.]

You'll be able to restore it for an EM/NCO ranking, based upon the existing type of the
              Cuff Title. The hardest 'missing' items to locate, will be the matching 10 TN-buttons
              for the front (+ 2 smaller diameter ones for the shoulder boards.) It will be a great
              restoration project ! Keep us updated with your progress.

MARC (!) .. Thanks for sharing more of your Amazing TeNo collection.
              ... Txs, Dave / dblmed

Comment

TeNo Mantel - as of 8.1940 from "Der Schneidermeister"

TeNo Mantel - as of 8.1940 from "Der Schneidermeister"

Hi Stug III,

The German Tailor's {Schneider's} Association published a monthly periodical named "Der Schneidermeister" which kept all members updated with regards to new uniform changes. [I have the complete 1934-1945 set of issues & will 'someday' get them all scanned, time permitting, as I find them as invaluable references for all types of uniform research!]

The "Neue" TeNo Mantel was featured in the August, 1940 issue Nr. 31, Seite 435, and it gives the exact specifications & tailoring details, so that the Mantel would be made in accordance with the latest issued regulations.

This Issue nicely shows "Your TeNo Mantel" & how it will look after you have restored it to the correct specifications. [Do Not be concerned about the TeNo • TN Ärmelstreifen (the cuff title with "Technische Nothilfe") on the Left cuff, as its inclusion on your Mantel means that the owner was assigned 'outside' of the Reich, at some time in his career, from early 1940 & afterwards. That adds some nice history, IMO!]

(1) Does your TeNo Mantel also have the 4 'hidded' buttons on the Rückseite / backside - inside of the slit flap? [Those buttons are very difficult to find!]

CONGRATS! A great "Classic" TeNo dunkelblau Mantel. ... Dave / dblmed
                Attached Files

Comment

better

Originally posted by STUG III View Post
                  button
                  button shot
                  Attached Files

Comment

Backside

button?
                    Attached Files

Comment

number

Under collar number. Maybe ID?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Interior

shot
                        Attached Files

Comment

TeNo / TN Ortsführer Car Pennant Banner - 1

TeNo / TN Ortsführer Car Pennant Banner

I just received this nice TeNo / TN car pennant banner, for the rank of Ortsführer. [It would have been attached to a mini-flag pole, mounted to the left front fender of his official vehicle. A TN ‘open Eagle’ finial (topper) was attached to the top of the mini-pole. The TN banners & pennants were made such that the Eagle’s head faced the attaching pole.] I am really very pleased with the banner. Sources tell us that there were an estimated 2,500 TN Ortsgruppen during the TR. So there were a number of these car banners around at one time. This is the only complete TeNo car pennant banner [rectangular shaped] that I've come across. I’m sure that there must be other examples out there in collections. …

Below is how Bill Shea [The Ruptured Duck] describes it:

“… RARE TeNo High Ranking Official's Fender Pennant... one of a kind offering. This pennant is rectangular rather than the usual triangle shape. This would indicate a higher ranking official. It measures approximately 8.75" x 12" and is made of a deep royal blue vertically ribbed fabric. Then woven directly onto the fabric surface is the silver flat wire machine applied TeNo eagle. This very distinctive insignia is repeated on the back. There is a silver bullion border that is about 3/16" wide and is inset from the edge by approximately 1/2". This is all sewn over a steel framework which has adjustable attachments for slipping over the pole from the fender of the car. Condition wise, it is overall Very Good. There are some visible stains on both sides (see pictures). There is also one small hole (the actual hole is pin size but the damage to the surface is closer to that of a small thumb tack). But taking into consideration the scarcity of the piece, the condition is readily acceptable. I would consider this to be 10 times rarer than an SS fender pennant. …”

Txs, … Dave / dblmed
                          Attached Files

Comment

TeNo / TN Ortsführer Car Pennant Banner - 2

[B]TeNo / TN Ortsführer Car Pennant Banner - 2[/B
                            Attached Files

Comment

Just took some pictures of the one I own...
                              Attached Files

Comment

A few more caps...
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X