griffinmilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets see your TeNo Uniforms, Insignia and Headgear!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post 5/6 TeNo Officer Breast Oval....

RonR ....... You have some AMAZING TeNo Items in your Collection! The new book by Littlejohn "Defending the Reich" shows a number of examples of the type of Super items in your collection........

POST 5/6: Bullion Sleeve (BREAST OFFICER) Badge? = RARE...

I luckily have one of these also, and it was sold to me as a Breast 'Badge.'
    From reading Littlejohn, he alludes to a 'TeNo Emblem' type of Badge worn
    by Officers (pre 36/37) - on the Breast.

I 'believe' THIS is that Badge. However, I have no concrete proof, in Print or in Photos....Yet!! Txs, Dave/dblmed

Comment

POST 15/16: 2nd Model TeNo Visor Hat Wreath:

RonR POST 15/16: Variant Visor Hat Wreath: = RARE...

Is shown in Photos, and confirmed by Littlejohn.

This is the 1st Metal Visor Device and was ONLY worn '33-'35, so it is quite rare! It is called the 2nd Model TeNo Visor Device.

It seems that there was a TeNo White 'Oval' Patch used as the 1st Model. (Littlejohn does NOT show an example of the 1st Model.) Txs, Dave/dblmed

Comment

POST 21/22: is TeNo in HEER 1942-44 Sleeve Patch...

RonR POST 21/22: is TeNo in HEER 1942-44 Sleeve Patch...

Ron, Yours is the more uncommon 'White Thread' Example.

This is the 1942 Authorized Issue Sleeve Patch for TN Men assigned to the HEER.

There are 3 Types:

1) Machine Woven (BEVO) Type - with Aluminum / Silver Thread - is presumed
        to be for Officers. (Many TeNo men transferred to the Heer directly as Officers.)

2) Machine Woven (BEVO) Type - with 'White Thread' - is presumed to be for EM/NCO's. (Other TeNo men transferred to the Heer directly as NCO or EM.)

3) Machine Embroidered Example - which is quite RARE .... and it was only recently 'Confirmed' on page 512 of Littlejohn's "Defending the Reich!" This is
        referred to as the Private Purchase Model - & is 'presumed' to be for Officers,
        Txs, Dave/dblmed

Comment

POST 25/26: RARE 1933-1937 TeNo Sleeve Patch

RonR ... POST 25/26: This is the RARE pre 1937 Sleeve Patch, which was used prior to the introduction of the more familiar Blue TeNo Eagle Triangle Patch. I've
          only seen 2 for sale in the last 6 years. I will Post a Photo comparison...

Txs, Dave/dblmed

Comment

TeNo Men - MARCHING w TeNo Flags - 1934

TeNo Men - MARCHING w TeNo Flags - 1934

I got lucky early on, and found a TeNo Album from 1934, with handwritten inscriptions on many of the Photos. It just stirred my interest in the Technische Nothilfe.

Here is a civic function Photo, from mid 1934. (Per the hand written caption, Himmler is in there with the Official Crowd.)

The TeNo Flags are spectacular to see in the size proportion. Also the TeNo Finial is up there atop the flags.

Uniform Comments:
            1) one (1) Shoulder Board, on Right Side.
            2) Only leading Officers - have the Technische Nothilfe Cuff Title...
            3) NOTE ....... TeNo Lt. Shoulder PATCH - Not the Eagle Triangle. Txs, Dave/dblmed
            Attached Files

Comment

TeNo 1933-37 Sleeve Patch - In Wear....in 1934

TeNo 1933-37 Sleeve Patch - In Wear....in 1934 Photo

TeNo Sleeve Patch – from PRIOR to when the TeNo Eagle Patch Existed: From studying Period Photographs, It is my belief that the below shown 2.5 Inch X 2.5 Inch TeNo Cloth Sleeve Patch, is a relatively Scarce Surviving Patch. (WHY? Because I feel certain that it was replaced by the TeNo Sleeve Eagle, and thus was no longer was needed, & was put away or discarded! So, surviving examples are 'Scarce' & are difficult to locate.)

Photos Posted previously show this Patch (which, at 1st glance ‘looks’ like it was cut out of a TeNo ‘White’ Arm Band) in wear – sewn to the LEFT Shoulder area – in the same spot where the TeNo Eagle Patch will later appear. (See the TeNo Men Marching 1934 Photo Post)

Also Photos show this Small Patch in Use / Wear at the Same Time – as the White TeNo Armband. So, we can conclude that they are contemporary in time – at least from the onset. (The White TeNo Armband definitely did survive longer – and it is ‘fairly’ common).

It was my prior belief (which has now been Confirmed by Littlejohn) that this small TeNo Sleeve Patch was the Predecessor of the more familiar Left Sleeve TeNo Eagle Patch.

WHEN Did the "Patch to TeNo Eagle Triangle" Change take Place? There is now Confirmation that the TeNo Eagle Triangle Patch was introduced in 1937 - and that the Prior 'TeNo Square' was not to be worn afterwards. Txs, Dave/dblmed
              Attached Files

Comment

TeNo FAMILY OF 3 - 1933 Photos

TeNo FAMILY OF 3 - 1933 Photos

Here's, what certainly looks like an 'early' TeNo Family Photo, including the young boy. (It's marked 1933 on the back of one of the Photos.)

What's of interest in these Photos, to me, is:

a1) Right & Left Collar are JUST Pressed On Metal - "III" on Right & "5" on the Left - with no TeNo Black Tab, as we know it - on LEFT Young Man.
                a2) On Far Right - Dad / GrandDad DOES have Collar Tabs seen.
                (Littlejohn comments that it is not known 'exactly' when the Black TeNo Tabs 1st began - but I have Photos of them in use - in1934.... & this set of Photos.

b. Extra Metal, of some sort "Star" on the Cap.

c. TeNo Left Sleeve Patch (NOT the customary Arm Band) on the Left Arm.
                (NO Eagle - this is 1933, Eagle came in 1937)

d. TN - Technische Nothilfe Cuff Band - on Far Right Photo.

e. Child - in a 'Semi-TeNo-Like' Uniform.... like the BIG Guys....

You Collectors may see other things in the photos that I don't.

It is apparent to me - that TeNo Collar Insignias / Uniforms 'evolved' with the passage of time. Photos show it best. ........................ Txs, Dave/dblmed
                Attached Files

Comment

With the help of a friend, I was finally able to restore the correct eagle to my Teno enlisted cap. Here it is...
                  Doug
                  Attached Files

Comment

Pic2...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Pic3...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Pic4...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Super TeNo EM Visor!

Doug ..... Your 'Early' TeNo EM Visor is a Beauty to behold. Perfectly aged - all parts
                          are in a perfectly matching patina!

Doug's combination of Special TeNo Visor Eagle and Laurel Leaf Cockade was authorized as the 'New' TeNo Visor Insignia of October, 1935. Txs, Dave/dblmed

Comment

Dave,

WOW!

What great information!

Had to re-read several times in order to try absorb all of these facts.

Thank you.

Also wanted to share this rather worn Teno Combat Helmet.

RonR

Comment

RonR

Comment

RonR

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X