Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Bill,

Please, ID of these vehicles.
            Otto

Comment

Military vehicles

Hi Otto, Thanks for sharing this superb photo collection!!

Well I am a real Mercedes Buff so the photos on your number 163 and 166 are my personal favorits .

On the both pictures we see the Mercedes-Benz 170 H ( W 28 ) limousine with 2 doors.
              This type of car was built in the years end 1935 till Sept. 1939 in the body styles: 2doors Limousine New price RM 4350,-
              Cabrio-Limousine New price RM 4500,-
              and only the Chassis New price RM 3300.-

The 4 Cyl. engine 1,7 litre was in the rear of the car, the type was called 170 H
              ( H stood vor Heckmotor Rear engine ) there was also a 170 V ( V is Vorne Front engine ).

Only 1507 were built, your car has the licencenumber IA, this is from the
              Landespolizeibezirk Berlin.

On the photo 165 we see the Opel Super 6 Cabriolet and on 167 and 168 the smaller Opel 1,3 litre Olympia from the year 1937.
              There is alo a Ford V8 limousine modell 48 , I think from the years 1935/36 on your photo 162.

Thanks for sharing Otto, I like them very much!!

Hans

Comment

Opel

Hi Mike, nice picture on the 161, it is a Opel Super 6 Cabriolet built in the year 1937/1938

Hans

Originally posted by R MICHAEL
                and another... this fellow looks like you want to F with him till he has his coffe....lol

Comment

This came from a very bad photo so it may not work but the subject matter was interesting. A Ford Model A captured from the Taliban in 2002

Bill
                  Attached Files

Comment

This photo more properly belongs in the captured "beute" category, but it is from Estonia if I remember yet another language site I cannot understand.

As far as I can tell, it seems to be in the Horch family of Medium Passenger Cars and it would appear that the photo was taken late in the war or just after the end of the war.

Again, a poor quality original photo but if it come out OK, you can see that it seems to be a man and a woman talking by the truck and on top can be seen rather a lot of chickens. I suspect that the vehicle no longer was under control of the Wehrmacht.
                    Bill
                    Attached Files

Comment

Funkkraftwagen

The car on the photo is a Kfz.15 Funkkraftwagen .

It is the "mittlere Einheits-Pkw" , this type was built by the Auto-Union AG
                      ( Werk Wanderer,and Werk Horch ), but also by the Adam Opel AG.

Hans

Comment

impressed vehicle photos

Hi Bill , I found this photo from Adler Diplomat ambulances from september 1940, Rettungsamt DRK Berlin

Hans
                        Attached Files

Comment

Another photo showing convoy of impressed cars and motorcycle.

Larrister
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Bill,

I just noticed that the front car's numberplate (255 287) is not a German one so it must have been confiscated in one of the occupied countries.

Larrister
                            Attached Files

Comment

Morning Larrister:

Nice photo, interesting question and good for some research. Was there a location indicated??
                              First car is an Opel Admiral, second looks a bit like a DKW, next is an MB170, I don't do motorbikes, an Opel Super 6, can't do the next one and the last looks like a Horch.
                              I will work on the registration question
                              Cheers
                              Bill

Comment

Hi Bill,

There is nothing written on the back of photo which has been removed from an album. If you could ID the origin of the car through its numberplate that would be great! I have lists of German numberplate numbers but nothing from other countries.

Larrister

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X