Show us your impressed/confiscated vehicle photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Kerry:

Your truck is indeed a Ford COE. Would be 1938 or 1939 model, supplied as a "chassis-cowl" with no windscreen and no cab. These were installed locally.
    Edit: It might also be a 1940 model, they all look almost the same,

Most of the photos I have seen of these trucks were taken in Norway and Finland.

Cheers
    Bill

Comment

Phew....thanks for the expert response Bill! Do you think this is also a similar vehicle? The radiator does not look the same, but the general configuration is similar.
      Kerry.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kerry:

Rather a mystery your last photo.
        For the moment, the closest I can come is this.........
        Matford F01W V-8.

Cheers
        Bill
        Attached Files

Comment

Truck

Hi Bill,

That is a tough one, especially with most details obscured... But to me it looks like some sort of Alfa-Romeo 430 RE radio truck.... Did such a thing exist?

If we could see the window frame for the passenger door clearly without the watermark ( if Italian the driver's door with possible steering wheel confirmation) then maybe that could help to get a 100% ID.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

Cheers
          Steve

Comment

Hi Steve:

I had thought about an Alfa as well and did not have time to check that particular brand yet. Have done so now.

You can just almost see what looks like a part of the brush guard in front of the radiator mask that it typical for that truck.

See the attached photo.

Cheers

Bill
            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you both, Bill and Steve. I have treid a couple of high-res scans, the radiator does not seem to have a faired-in surround, but maybe the badge is recognisable?
              Cheers again,
              Kerry.
              Attached Files

Comment

And the window, K.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kerry:

Thank you so much for the enlarged detail photos, makes the process much easier.

I still do not know the correct answer, but I think we can eliminate the Alfa and the Matford both at this point. Your Radiator Mask photo shows a water filler cap on top of the radiator that is unlike either vehicle as is the radiator itself.

The better photo of the door shows no evidence of a steering wheel, nor does there appear to be any mirrors on that door that would indicate a RHD vehicle

I am thinking that maybe I saw a photo long ago of a Belgian vehicle that looked something like this but I have not found anything yet.

I will keep looking.

Cheers
                  Bill

Comment

Got it

Hi guys,

I've got it! Pretty sure it is a Spa Dovunque 35 signals van.

Photos of this version are pretty rare, but there is one in the Vanderveen Military Vehicles book. So a great photo to have, thanks for sharing.

Cheers
                    Steve
                    Last edited by S Ballantyne; 06-17-2012, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Ho Steve:

Very solid detective work..,,

I found Bart's photo as well and agree with you. I've seen hundreds of photos of this truck as a cargo and gun carrier but just that one in his book as a radio van.

Good Job!!

Cheers
                      Bill

Comment

Bill and Steve,
                        Fantastic work, many thanks,
                        Kerry.

Comment

Weasel

I have just received this one, it is the first I have seen of this particular vehicle type "in captivity". What do you think, have you seen many photos like it? Do you have any in your collections? I would very much like to see more. Many thanks for looking, Kerry.
                          Attached Files

Comment

An M-29 early version with 15in tracks. You have most of the serial number so you could trace this baby right back.

Must be late war or even post war maybe at a ski resort?

The Civies in the pics are wearing ski boots as well.

Cool

Comment

Interesting owner's name, but what type is this truck? Thanks for looking, Kerry.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kerry:

It us a US Diamond T of the year 1937.
                                Looks to be a Dutch or more likely Belgian cab.

Cheers
                                Bill

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X