Colorizing photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lloyd,
    Your SS Sturmbannfuhrer is wearing a panzer assault badge, but wearing the waffenfarben of infantry.....is this correct? BEAUTIFUL COLORIZATION!!!

Comment

Hi Ethreece,
      I did that one a long while back, but it is of RKT Ernst Krag. He was StuG commander, and then served in Das Reich's Aufklarungs Abteilung. So the waffenfabre should be recon copper color at this late in the war I believe.
      I'm actually in the process of redoing it, as there are some other small mistakes I see too....

Comment

Here is the updated version of that one Loyd....
        Attached Files

Comment

Great work, I also colourise, unfortunately don't have posting rights but some of my work can be seen here

regards

Alex K
          PS Larry and I have posted on numerous threads

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/29...story-to-life/

Comment

Love to see your work, but your site will not let me in.

12th your amendment looks fine!

Comment

Same here, I cant view the link, but maybe because I am a newer member over there? Would love to see some of your work Dmytri
              Thanks Ethreece (BTW, whats your first name? lol I'm Bill)

Comment

we both have rare names.....
                I am Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by ethreecee View Post
                  we both have rare names.....
                  I am Thomas
                  Haha!

Here is another one from my collection.....LW ground troops
                  (did the best I could, but I hate doing camo!)
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi all, don't understand why the link doesn't work, It works for me of WAF, I'll try to re-post

regards

Alex K

Comment

Putting these photos into colour really brings it home for me...

Cheers Brad

Comment

Originally posted by dmytro View Post
                        Hi all, don't understand why the link doesn't work, It works for me of WAF, I'll try to re-post

regards

Alex K
                        Hi Alex, You need to be a member on GMIC & signed in at the time for that link to work. I thought the General Geyr Von Schweppenburg one was very good btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Helden View Post
                          Hi Alex, You need to be a member on GMIC & signed in at the time for that link to work. I thought the General Geyr Von Schweppenburg one was very good btw.
                          Thanks for the compliment on Schweppenburg, I didn't realise that you had to be a member to view. I will have to review my strategy. You may actually find some of my postings, via hosting sites on this thread if you "Scroll back"

regards

Alex

Comment

Here we go guys. Photo taken in France, 1940. Note the look on their faces.

Cheers,
                            Larry
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Larry nice image, my only comment isn't the image reversed?

Alex K

Comment

Excellent colorization Larry, and great photo too. And yup, looks to be a reversed image.
                                You did a good job blending the background colors, not always easy to do.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 60 users online. 0 members and 60 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X