No announcement yet.

Colorizing photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I normally don't do this type of photo, but this one has always had an effect on me

If I remember correctly, this GI officer lost a handful of his men to this German, until they got him with a grenade. Please correct me if I'm wrong
    Attached Files

Comment

Now that is a very sobering image.

Chet
      Zinc stinks!

Comment

The central part of our hobby. WAR. That pic really sums it up.
        Wilhelm

Comment

Originally posted by 12thPanzer View Post
          I normally don't do this type of photo, but this one has always had an effect on me

If I remember correctly, this GI officer lost a handful of his men to this German, until they got him with a grenade. Please correct me if I'm wrong
          Very nice colorization. I have seen this photo before as well as film of him on YouTube. I believe your information on him is correct.

Cheers,
          Lar

Comment

Beautiful photo colorizing .
            This photo was taken in Cherbourg.

**Description: This dead German soldier was one of the "last stand" defenders of German-held Cherbourg. Captain Earl Topley, who led one of the first outfits into the fallen city, blamed him for killing three of his men. France, 06/27/1944

Comment

good opinion, tough photo
              This picture remind me it's like after a great storm

Comment

guys thank you for the feedback! I was a bit skeptical of posting it at first, so glad no one was offended. That pic speaks a thousand words and more!

Rem, Thanks for taking the time to post the caption. I guess I always just assumed it was a grenade that got him.....

Larry, that photo below is great. Love how you made the woman's skin a lighter shade than the men's. Very realistic

*Russians going through Captured German equip. Sorry about the artillery gun colors on this one.....tough pic to do. Most likely Barbarossa
                Attached Files
                Last edited by 12thPanzer; 06-19-2013, 06:02 PM.

Comment

photo from my collection. Very Possible he is Flak, but I made him LwFD for the colorization
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hey 12th Panzer,
                    Please give your constructive comments on this project
                    Attached Files

Comment

another sample
                      Attached Files

Comment

This is superbly done and one of my favorites since starting this thread! A great deal of talent has shown itself.

Keep up the great work out there!
                        Attached Files

Comment

To be honest Loyd, I know I personally would never have began colorizing if I didn't see this thread. I remember seeing Larry's and Imi's work at the time I started, and was blown away. Shoot, you (Loyd) and Larry first posted like 8 years ago!

Just did this one...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Yes thank's for starting this thread all those years ago Lloyd, it is one of my favorites here on the forum!

Nice Job on the photo Bill with great skin tone, You nailed the collar tab color dead on!

Kevin

Comment

Thanks for the Bill.

I have watched your work get better and better and now you are very good at doing it.

I would also like to thank ethreecee for his contributions as well. Keep up the good work.

I will have to start another colorization.

Cheers,
                              Larry

Comment

Thanks Larry! Definitely looking forward to a new colorization from you

Here is another recent one......
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 56 users online. 0 members and 56 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X