Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Larrister View Post
    Thanks Bill.

Here's a photo of brothers Wilhelm (left) and Rupert Krieper.
    Wilhelm's wearing ribons for the Ost Medal and EK II, the EK I the GPB and a Luft GAB.

Larry
    Thats my favorite one by far Larry. The Luft GAB is my fav award to see in period photos, but the Golden Party badge is special to see too, even on the same man! That is one of the better LWFD photos I have seen in a while man.

Comment

@ Hundestaffel & Helden, I have sent a PM to one of the moderators and asked for deleting the certain contributions. Unfortunately no reaction until now. Perhaps you try it too? "stonemint semms to do this per system....
      Greetings, daggers.

Comment

Originally posted by 12thPanzer View Post
        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=296943
        Another thread where photos were posted that were not the Posters! Hopefully this habit will stop soon.....as it is not fair to members who actually spend money on photos
        Is there a specific "Rule" posted somewhere stating this kind of activity is against the Policy of this site? Every time this argument comes back into question, I always have to ask . . .

Honestly, how would anyone have the knowledge you indeed, technically speaking, "own" the actual photographic print(s) in question? Or for that matter, are entitled to be given public acknowledgement for the digitally reproduced image of a photographic print that is physically in your possession . . . especially for an image of which you did not originally create? I can understand accredidation for the photographer that created the image, but how could anyone expect be given credit for simply possessing a print of another photographers image?

Does possession of a photographic print of another photogaphers image give the bearer of the photographic print exclusive practical control over the distribution of the image on that photographic print - especially of an image that the aforementioned bearer did not originally create? I am not so sure this would be just, and for that matter, even very practical - especially in the digital age for which we now are living in. Giving someone accredidation for a digital reproduction of someone else's photographic image would be stretching it a bit - don't you agree?

I understand your yearn for recognition, but I am not certain it is truly warranted in this case . . . maybe in the future, if you take the time to watermark your digital reproductions of photographic prints of another photogaphers image, that fleeting recognition for which you yearn will thereby surreptitiously be endowed upon you . . .
        Last edited by N.C. Wyeth; 06-15-2011, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Quote: "that fleeting recognition for which you yearn"

All "technical" arguments aside (which we have all heard a millions times before), who is actually yearning for this so-called "fleeting recognition" - the owner(s) of the photo(s) posted or the fellow(s) doing the (uncredited) copying and pasting ??? A non-argument indeed....

Great thread here, so let's not ruin it......hopefully, from this point on, "proper table manners" are used in regards to the posting of photos...

"Hundestaffel"
          Last edited by Hundestaffel; 06-15-2011, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hundestaffel View Post

Great thread here, so let's not ruin it......hopefully, from this point on, "proper table manners" are used in regards to the posting of photos...

"Hundestaffel"
            I agree - great thread indeed . . . but let's be sure to define "proper table manners" again . . .

It is considered courteous to mention the source of a digital image one posts here, but in no way is it required for anyone other than the person which first created the original image.

Comment

Originally posted by N.C. Wyeth View Post
              I agree - great thread indeed.

And let's be sure to define "proper table manners" again . . . it is considered courteous to mention the source of a digital image one posts here, but in no way is it required.
              Agreed SSquared !!!

Lets all get past this little bump in the road and move on....keep those Dagger Photos coming LadSS !!!

"Hundestaffel"

Comment

"Hundestaffel"
                Attached Files

Comment

Not the best argument IMO. Most of the people who created the original image have passed away, so the new owners are the buyers! Bottom line : buy your own photos if you want to post them, unless permission is asked. No laws/rules involved, just a matter of showing some class/respect. I think the only people who "yearn for recognition" are the ones who Copy + Paste. Enough said.

Nice photo Hundstaffel, I love seeing the Imperial Pilots Badge! Lets see some more guys, Im glad this thread is back!

Comment

Another Luft dagger in wear.

Larry
                    Attached Files

Comment

The General at left is Genoberstabarzt Anton Walmann. The other two Generals are unknown.

Cheers,
                      Larry
                      Attached Files

Comment

Nice ones Larry! I bet Elwyn could help with the other Generals if you post it on the Generals forum maybe? Worth a shot

- Some SA daggers in wear in this SA Gruppe Hochland portrait.
                        (sorry the scan came out horrible, in hand it doesnt look this unclear)
                        Attached Files

Comment

new one, figured Id share

-Boys are All Hitlerjugend, wearing membership badges. NSKK man w dagger
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by 12thPanzer; 07-31-2011, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Very nice photos Bill,

Another from my collection.

Larry
                            Attached Files

Comment

Here is my contribution... enjoy.. Astarr

Comment

Kriegsmarine and Luftwaffe
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 9 users online. 0 members and 9 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X