HisCol

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how much do Mein Kampf issues cost these days??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how much do Mein Kampf issues cost these days??

Hi there, can anyone give me an idea how much original, good condition issues of Mein Kampf will cost these days...lets say a good condition 1934 edition and a 1942 good condition Hochzeitsausgabe??... Cheers, Torsten.

If anyone has bought any recently or seen some for sale recently...how much where they?? Cheers, Torsten.

Originally posted by torstenbel
    Hi there, can anyone give me an idea how much original, good condition issues of Mein Kampf will cost these days...lets say a good condition 1934 edition and a 1942 good condition Hochzeitsausgabe??... Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Hi Torsten,

depends on condition and edition.
      But I would say starting at EURO 80 for the Volksausgabe up to EURO 130 for a good Hochzeitsausgabe.

Cheers,

ustufvorwaerts
      silent leges et artes inter arma - im Waffenlärm schweigen die Gesetze und die Künste

Comment

condition is very good, but your answer helps to give me a starting point...thank you very much...I presume then that the Hochzeitsausgabe with dedication from the mayor of some big city is more desirable?? Cheers, Torsten.

Originally posted by ustufvorwaerts
        Hi Torsten,

depends on condition and edition.
        But I would say starting at EURO 80 for the Volksausgabe up to EURO 130 for a good Hochzeitsausgabe.

Cheers,

ustufvorwaerts

Comment

You´re right - Hochzeitsausgabe from Munich for example is more
          desireable than a common Volksausgabe.
          On the other hand a Volksausgabe with nice dust jacket in perfect
          condition is also very desirable.
          Always depends what you are looking for !!!

Cheers,

ustufvorwaerts
          silent leges et artes inter arma - im Waffenlärm schweigen die Gesetze und die Künste

Comment

Danke. Gruss, Torsten.

Originally posted by ustufvorwaerts
            You´re right - Hochzeitsausgabe from Munich for example is more
            desireable than a common Volksausgabe.
            On the other hand a Volksausgabe with nice dust jacket in perfect
            condition is also very desirable.
            Always depends what you are looking for !!!

Cheers,

ustufvorwaerts

Comment

Danke. Gruss, Torsten.
              Hi Torsten,

Run a search on abebooks.com; you'll see what international dealers are asking. Of course these are dealers, so don't choke when you see both first edition volumes together for $8000 and more!

The first edition volumes (1925 and 1927) are through the roof.

The 1939 Hitler 50th birthday edition (Jubiläumsausgabe) if in good shape in its slipcase usually goes for $500 or so. There was a very nice one sold recently on the eStand (thanks Mike!). There is a rather beat up one without case on abebooks for $150.

I just got a very nice 1943 Kriegsausgabe with a tipped in unused wedding dedication page for $70, but a dealer would probably have wanted $150. I would say the prices ustufvorwaerts mentioned would be about average for what I see around here in antique stores, etc.

Good luck,
              Greg
              sigpicFacebook "Tigers in the Ardennes" book page
              www.facebook.com/TigersintheArdennes

Comment

Hi Greg, thank you for the info...I know that First Editions are way out of my reach and I have previously seen the 50th birthday edition with dedication from Sepp Dietrich...as far as I know, he got hold of a pile of them shortly after the war and then dished them out to good friends.. does anyone else know fo this story ...from my research, I think a 'normal' price for the wartime wedding ones in good condition and with the box should be in the region of US$100 and the earlier 1930's ones should be about US$125...btw, do you know if every German couple got one as a state wedding present or was this only given to certain wedding couples...? Cheers, Torsten.

Originally posted by Greg Walden
                Hi Torsten,

Run a search on abebooks.com; you'll see what international dealers are asking. Of course these are dealers, so don't choke when you see both first edition volumes together for $8000 and more!

The first edition volumes (1925 and 1927) are through the roof.

The 1939 Hitler 50th birthday edition (Jubiläumsausgabe) if in good shape in its slipcase usually goes for $500 or so. There was a very nice one sold recently on the eStand (thanks Mike!). There is a rather beat up one without case on abebooks for $150.

I just got a very nice 1943 Kriegsausgabe with a tipped in unused wedding dedication page for $70, but a dealer would probably have wanted $150. I would say the prices ustufvorwaerts mentioned would be about average for what I see around here in antique stores, etc.

Good luck,
                Greg
                Last edited by torstenbel; 03-29-2005, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Hi Torsten,

I think your "normal" prices are more reasonable, and I see various editions sometimes in antique stores, shows, etc around here for those prices. But dealers usually don't show those prices any more.

I would like to find out more about the different types of editions myself... I don't know if the Hochzeitsausgabe was intended for every wedding... if so, there should be a lot of those around. Both of the ones I have that were made for weddings were actually never used for that (or not inscribed, anyway). The Kriegsausgabe I mentioned had a generic printed page tipped in where the couples' names, town name and Bürgermeister's signature could be written in, but it's blank. My Hochzeitsausgabe from 1938 has a stamped date and the Bürgermeister's facsimile signature, but it also has no married couples' names written in.

Thursday I will look at a 1940 edition in a local bookstore that reportedly has red cloth flexible covers... I am unfamiliar with that edition (though I know there were paperback German editions).

I had not heard the Sepp Dietrich story!

Best,
                  Greg

Hi Greg, thank you for the info...I know that First Editions are way out of my reach and I have previously seen the 50th birthday edition with dedication from Sepp Dietrich...as far as I know, he got hold of a pile of them shortly after the war and then dished them out to good friends.. does anyone else know fo this story ...from my research, I think a 'normal' price for the wartime wedding ones in good condition and with the box should be in the region of US$100 and the earlier 1930's ones should be about US$125...btw, do you know if every German couple got one as a state wedding present or was this only given to certain wedding couples...? Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Greg, I actually know a little more about these things than I have mentioned so far... I actually have 14 x Mein Kampf on the bookshelve... but I will be selling some of them, which is why I was asking about the prices...if your book has the pre-printed form in it, then that is a Hochzeitsausgabe, but it was either not handed out or they could just not be bothered filling it in at the Standesamt...I actually do not think that every couple got it, but I am not sure who did get it...maybe only if one of the couple was a Party member???...really have no idea...would this be the red cloth one (see pic below) that you were talking about??...Cheers, Torsten.

Hi Torsten,

I think your "normal" prices are more reasonable, and I see various editions sometimes in antique stores, shows, etc around here for those prices. But dealers usually don't show those prices any more.

I would like to find out more about the different types of editions myself... I don't know if the Hochzeitsausgabe was intended for every wedding... if so, there should be a lot of those around. Both of the ones I have that were made for weddings were actually never used for that (or not inscribed, anyway). The Kriegsausgabe I mentioned had a generic printed page tipped in where the couples' names, town name and Bürgermeister's signature could be written in, but it's blank. My Hochzeitsausgabe from 1938 has a stamped date and the Bürgermeister's facsimile signature, but it also has no married couples' names written in.

Thursday I will look at a 1940 edition in a local bookstore that reportedly has red cloth flexible covers... I am unfamiliar with that edition (though I know there were paperback German editions).

I had not heard the Sepp Dietrich story!

Best,
                    Greg
                    Attached Files

Comment

Greg, I actually know a little more about these things than I have mentioned so far... I actually have 14 x Mein Kampf on the bookshelve... but I will be selling some of them, which is why I was asking about the prices...if your book has the pre-printed form in it, then that is a Hochzeitsausgabe, but it was either not handed out or they could just not be bothered filling it in at the Standesamt...I actually do not think that every couple got it, but I am not sure who did get it...maybe only if one of the couple was a Party member???...really have no idea...would this be the red cloth one (see pic below) that you were talking about??...Cheers, Torsten.
                      Hi Torsten,

Prima! Maybe we can share a little info here, that others may benefit from.

I only have a limited knowledge of how many actual different editions in German there were. And whether or not some of the names we use for different editions today were actually in use during publication.

I would like to see or help compile a listing of different types of editions, maybe with publisher data. I think Eher Nachfolger (also as Zentralverlag der NSDAP) was the only authorized publisher, but not sure. I am familiar with these editions:
                      1. First edition, separate volumes in 1925 and 1927.
                      2. Various one-volume editions in the 30s - don't know if these had a specific "name." I have seen some described as the "Taschenbuchausgabe," but I don't know if that was an official name.
                      3. Volksausgabe - what year did this type start?
                      4. "Hochzeitsausgabe" - I'm at work and don't have mine with me, but I don't think it's called that on the title page or printing info page.
                      5. Kriegsausgabe - I assume this edition began in 39 or maybe 40; I have only seen them dated 43 and 44.
                      6. Jubiläumsausgabe - this edition is of course called this on the title page.
                      7. At least one paperback edition - I haven't seen one but heard them described.
                      8. "Special" editions with custom wood, etc covers - commissioned or modified for "special" recipients.
                      9. Others?

I don't know if the one I described with red covers is what you show - I'll see on Thursday. The seller says it's cloth bound but "flexible" covers.

Thanks,
                      Greg

Comment

I'll answer the rest of the questions sometime during the week, when I have a little more time, but the one I showed on the pic has flexible covers and is red cloth bound (see below for the Adolf Pic in that particular volume)... it is from 1941, it has both volumes in it and is stated to be a 9th edition (401st to 450th thousand)...incidentaly in the back of that particular book, there is a list of the books available for private purchase at that time (don't forget the Hochzeitsausgabe would not have been available for private purchase as such)...the options available in 1941 are stated as: Kartonierte Ausgabe (softback/cardboard cover) in two volumes for 5,70 Reichsmark + Volksausgabe in one volume with linen covers for 7,20 Reichsmark + a Geschenkausgabe (presentation edition) with linen covers and in two volumes for 16 Reichsmark and finally there is another Geschenkausgabe (presentation edition) with part leather covers in two volumes for 24 Reichsmark...at least this is a little more info...for now...Cheers, Torsten.

Hi Torsten,

I don't know if the one I described with red covers is what you show - I'll see on Thursday. The seller says it's cloth bound but "flexible" covers.

Thanks,
                        Greg
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Torsten and Greg,

the red edition shown on the pics is the socalled "Tornister-Ausgabe", which means that these were originally for the soldiers in the field.
                          It is a very common edition. It came with a card box and an unprinted dust jacket. "Tornister-Ausgaben" also exist for example for Rosenberg´s book "Der Mythus".
                          The earliest Volksausgabe I know (because I recently found it) is the 1930 5th edition, 43. - 52. thousand.
                          Here are some pics.

Cheers,

ustufvorwaerts
                          Attached Files

Comment

pic #2
                            Attached Files

Comment

Notice the different Führer pic in this early Volksausgabe !!!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X