Vintage Productions

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how much do Mein Kampf issues cost these days??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GHP
    Torsten,

I'll scan them tomorrow. I apparently do not have attachment-authority, so will have to e-mail them to you. Can you PM me with your address?

Thanks,
    Guy
    done..Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Waga Tousou

Hello Torsten,

I sent the photos. Please feel free to attach the images to this thread for the other viewers. I misremembered the Japanese title; it's not Watakushi no Kurushii [My Difficulties]. Rather, it is Waga Tousou.

The book opens in the traditional Japanese/Chinese fashion: "backwards" to us. The covers are olive green pressboard with imprinted designs of an archer bending his bow towards a bird in the clouds; two tall slender pitchers, and "Mein Kampf" & "Adolf Hitler" in roman lettering.

Spine: Silver ideograms reading:
      Waga Tousou gekan
      [waga=my/our/one's; tousou= conflict/strife; gekan = vol. 2]

Aadorufu Hitoraa cho
      [Adolf Hitler, author] NB: in Japanese the romanized "fu" is often pronounced "hu": thus, "AA.DO.RU.fHU" -- the "f" is barely sounded. Same applies to the publisher Kohu; in modern times this will be romanized as "kofu" -- but English speakers tend to overemphasize the "f" sound.

Manabe Ryouichi yaku
      [pronounced: ma-nabay reeyo-ichi; yaku = translator]

Inside cover: 10.5cm x 14cm pasted paper, typewritten note stating:

MEIN KAMPF
      JAPANESE PUBLICATION

SECURED ON ATTU, ALEUTIAN ISLANDS
      FOLLOWING THE ASSAULT AND CAPTURE
      BY UNITS OF THE 7th U.S. INFANTRY
      DIVISION MAY, 1943.

PRESENTED TO THE MONTEREY INSTITUTE
      OF FOREIGN STUDIES BY MAJOR GENERAL
      R.G. FERGUSSON U.S. ARMY (RETIRED).

[Note: This is my alma mater which today is called the Monterey Institute of International Studies. The library was cleaning out its stacks and this book was in the "throw away" pile.]

Fly page and rear cover inside: circular stamp in blue/purple ink:
      EXAMINED IN THE FIELD [upper half of circle perimeter]
      42 PASSED BY [center horizontal plane]
      JOINT INTELLIGENCE [lower half of circle perimeter]

Publication data.
      Printed: 18 August 1942
      Distributed: 22 August 1942
      Publisher: Tokyo: Kohu Kan [prospering wind hall]

Interesting note -- on the publication page (p. 497) the translator's seal "Manabe" is placed in blue ink on the publishing house's paper stamp.

Cheers,
      Guy
      Last edited by GHP; 04-06-2005, 05:44 PM. Reason: Purple font just didn't read well!!

Comment

Originally posted by GHP
        Hello Torsten,

I sent the photos. Please feel free to attach the images to this thread for the other viewers. Cheers,
        Guy
        Guy, thanks for the pics...I have never seen one of these before and I have no idea re the value...does anyone else know??? Cheers, Torsten (ebay id german.militaria).

PS: I had to re-swize them as they were too large for posting here..
        Attached Files

Comment

n
          Attached Files

Comment

m
            Attached Files

Comment

k
              Attached Files

Comment

b
                Attached Files

Comment

l
                  Attached Files

Comment

last one...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Torsten,

Thanks for adding the images for me. Could you also add the circular Intel stamp? If it was corrupted (or you didn't get it), let me know and I'll send another image ... and will scale it down.

Cheers,
                      Guy

Comment

Originally posted by GHP
                        Torsten,

Thanks for adding the images for me. Could you also add the circular Intel stamp? If it was corrupted (or you didn't get it), let me know and I'll send another image ... and will scale it down.

Cheers,
                        Guy
                        Guy, could you resend that one please? I have already deleted all of the images from my hard disc...Cheers, Torsten. (ebay id german.militaria).

Comment

Originally posted by GHP
                          Torsten,

Cheers,
                          Guy
                          Here it is...Cheers, Torsten (ebay id german.militaria).
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Walden
                            Hi Torsten,

Prima! Maybe we can share a little info here, that others may benefit from.
                            5. Kriegsausgabe - I assume this edition began in 39 or maybe 40; I have only seen them dated 43 and 44.
                            Thanks,
                            Greg
                            Hi Greg, to answer another one of your questions: I have four editions that are marked Kriegsausgabe, these are from 1941, 1942, 1943 and 1944. They are also all Hochzeitsausgaben and the way to recognise them as Kriegsausgabe is that the word Kriegsausgabe is embossed into the bottom of the spine. You would not immediately notice this, as the title and author are gold embossed onto the spine and Kriegsausgabe is not gold...easy to overlook! Cheers, Torsten (ebay id german.militaria).
                            Last edited by torstenbel; 12-09-2007, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Here is a 1939 French edition of Mein Kampf, which I have not seen before ... this one has a German soldier's inscription inside to say the 'liberated' it during the French campaign in 1940. Cheers, Torsten.
                              Attached Files

Comment

I have heard of a few of the French edtions but have never heard of a Japanese edition. Though probably very rare, the price would depend on interest. Not many collectors out there of Japanese translations of German books though it would be important to have if you were collecting Mein Kampf editions. The period English versions seem to be the most common and command the least value.
                                Richard V

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X