SS Themed Magazine / Newspaper Covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

they are a) not easy to find and b) not cheap at all...

See You

Vince

Comment

Originally posted by stgeorge64 View Post
      Very nice collection you have there! are these readily available on the market or do you have to dig deep to find them?

Just a quick question;

I have long been looking for a copy of the Stuttgart Illustrierte with Peiper on the front cover, can I ask are there any additional photographs of him inside the magazine at all (an article or such?) or is he just limited to the cover?

Regards Richard.
      Many thanks!

What Vince has said is correct, the majority of these are not easy to find although there are a few that are more common like the one with Paul Hausser and Fritz Klingenberg on the cover, that one I have seen on offer several times.

The only time I have ever seen the Peiper one for sale anywhere was when I purchased it at auction.... The same goes for the Ernst Krause LAH grenadier artwork, they are almost impossible to find.

I will have to get back to you regarding more images of Peiper within as I will have to take it out of the frame to check.

Cheers,

Comment

I just looked through the Peiper issue and there were unfortunately no further images of him inside, although there could have been pages missing which is of course common on a loose leaf paper such as this.

The newspaper issue is from Jan 1941 so definitely while he was still Himmler's adjutant. It could even be Karl Wolff over his right shoulder in the background of that photo.

Comment

Thank you for taking the time to see if there were any additional photos of Peiper inside, it is much appreciated indeed.

Taking scarcity, collector value and subject matter of these magazines into consideration, I think you have put together an amazing collection of these.

For myself at least, this subject matter would make an excellent subject for reprinting in a book similar to the translated 'Der Adler' Luftwaffe magazine.

Thanks again.

Regards Richard.
          Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

You mean to tell me you have time to collect magazines and newspapers Christian? WoW!!!! I thought you searched day and night for posters..

My buddy Andreas may have some of the magazines you collect.

Check out http://wartimeline.com. Only 1/10th is listed on the site , so if your looking for something specific Email him..

Comment

2 of famous Otto Funk:
              Attached Files

Comment

Ahhh, very nice Patrick...!!!

I have been after both of those, in particular the one on the right...

I have always thought that the one on the left was a rather strange image to have
                been used as a cover, given that Wünsche has his back to the camera and Rudolf von Ribbentrop
                is only just in the scene.

Regardless, they are from a great sequence of well known SS-KB photos and look great!!!

Many thanks for showing.

Comment

Interesting covers alright, the photo with the wounded Wunsche I have always liked, it is a good study of the unflappable grizzled NCO veteran ( to MW's right) that 12th SS so relied upon, maybe that was what was being captured by the editors choice.

Comment

From last weekends fleamarkets - and for sale
                    Attached Files

Comment

One of the benefits of living in Germany. You get to find original publications from the war at the flea markets. Very interesting to see these two covers post Allied invasion. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
                        From last weekends fleamarkets - and for sale
                        Very nice Patrick...

The one of the left has Heinz Harmel (wearing his helmet) looking over British POW's during Market Garden.

The one of the soldier inspecting the hole in the M4 Sherman I have coming along with a bunch of other new acquisitions which I will show once they arrive...

Last edited by Max Wünsche; 07-31-2017, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Wünsche View Post
                          Very nice Patrick...

The one of the left has Heinz Harmel (wearing his helmet) looking over British POW's during Market Garden.

This photo showing Heinz Harmel is not from Arnhem. As you know the battle for Arnhem took place in September 1944. This issue of the Hamburger Illustrierte is dated 07-29-1944 Issue Nr. 31.

There are several other photos of Harmel wearing the same steel helmet and camouflage coveralls in Normandy as well.

Patrick who is the kriegsberichter photo credit for the cover photo?

Comment

Originally posted by Remy Spezzano View Post
                            This photo showing Heinz Harmel is not from Arnhem. As you know the battle for Arnhem took place in September 1944. This issue of the Hamburger Illustrierte is dated 07-29-1944 Issue Nr. 31.

There are several other photos of Harmel wearing the same steel helmet and camouflage coveralls in Normandy as well.

Yes, its a normandie issue. Will post more and better pics tomorrow.
                            Seller had several other nice ones, but for 10 € each i just picked those 2, and a paratrooper one.

Comment

Originally posted by Remy Spezzano View Post

I stand corrected on the location and date... I did not know the date of this issue... Thankyou for the correction.

Comment

Hi,

usually German PK/SS-PK pictures were used 1 to 2 weeks after the actual date of shooting.

The picture with the SS-Oberführer Heinz Harmel is showing Canadian tankists from the 1st Hussards which were captured by the SS-Pz-Aufklärungs-Abteilung 10 of SS-Sturmbannführer Heinz Brinkmann (on the left on the more complete picture included below) in Saint-André-sur-Orne, on July 23, 1944.
                                The picture was taken at the end of the day.

Various shots exist of those 4 Canadian soldiers, who are quite stressed and probably fearing the worse for themselves...

See You

Vince
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X