Post your exciting SFL tank pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elephant #6
    Last edited by W Petz; 08-14-2005, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Elephant #7
      Last edited by W Petz; 08-14-2005, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Elephant #8
        Last edited by W Petz; 08-14-2005, 09:15 PM.

Comment

WOW AMAZING, can you show me more Hummels and Elephants,please! DARN those Elephants posted are so NICE, where do you find such nice pictures???

Sebas

Comment

[QUOTE=Akira Takiguchi]Whom do you believe better? The group actually shows grave markers of Pz.Jg.Abt.152 and Pz.Jg.Abt.742 and also a Truppenkennzeichen of 52.Inf.Div. I wrote "I could be wrong" because they could be either from P.152 or P.742 (3./152 became 3./742), more assessment is necessary to determine which... My laziness. It is not possible that these Marders are from P.38.

QUOTE]

Hello Akira,
            i have not seen the group he only told it to me, so than you must be right
            Attached Files

Comment

Sebas,

I picked them up from a very good friend in Germany while I was living there. Thanks for the compliment and they are amazing!!! Here are a few more elephant shots.

Elephant #9

Comment

Elephant #10

Comment

Amazing wish I had such nice pictures! I would love to own a nice picture of a panzer whit camo on it, or just a Tiger/Hummel picture!

Thnx for sharing guys!

Sbas

Comment

Bill,

The amazing photo in post #67 is published in this book from Stefan König: Famo 18t - The Military Machine (page 26-27). He got that one from you?

Although my preference would go to the halftracks, this thread is really unbelievable

Cheers,
                    Laurens
                    Last edited by Laurens Q-fin; 01-02-2005, 11:16 AM. Reason: Removed photo for copyright issues

Comment

Bill,
                      your group is amazing.

Comment

If someone's interested (I'm sure you will ), here's the caption from the book:

Ferdinand no. 133 of 1./s.Pz.Jg.Abt. 653 during the fighting July - September 1943 on the Eastern Front. The recognition panel of 1st Co, a red cross upon a white rectangle, is located at the rear of the upper superstructure. The protective shield in front of the gun mantle has not yet been mounted in the reversed position, this modification was done later during overhaul of the vehicles at Dnjepropetrovsk.

Comment

Sebas,

Thanks again for your kind comments. These types of photos are getting very expensive and many people target them especially on Ebay....the prices have shot up tremendously in the past three or four years. There are still bargains to be had though. I'm so glad I started collecting them many years ago when they were still inexpensive. I wish you the best on finding those deals. Bill

Hello Laurens,

No he didn't get the photo from me but I got it from a very good friend who has published several books on Elephants. Does it give photo credit to anyone in particular? I never seen and don't possess that book. Thanks for your comments and joining in on this thread. Bill

Christian,

Thanks for you comments as well. I have to start screening my photo albums to find more...I've posted all my loose photos!! I do have alot of Sturmgeschutz pics as well....will they also qualify on this thread? I'm sure they will...Cheers! - Bill

Comment

Bill,
                            here is an Elephant looking similar to yours.

StuG photos i don´t know, there existed a lot of them. Maybe something like Brummbär??
                            Attached Files

Comment

Laurens,

Thanks for sending that extract from the book..please be careful when you scan photos from books you maybe infringing on possible copyrights from the publisher of the book. Since you mentioned the unit S.Panzerjaeger Abt. 653 my friend is Karl-Heinz Muench who published two very large and heavy books on S. Panzerjaeger Abt. 653 and 654. If you have these books you will find some of the photos that I have listed here in his book along with some others on the 197th Sturmgeschutz Battalion (I haven't posted any yet) which was the forerunner of S.Pz.Jag.Abt.653. Regards - Bill

Comment

Christian,

I believe you have the same Elephant (Ferdinand) that I have but photo was taken from a different angle from the front. Great pic is this in your collection??? - Bill

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 22 users online. 0 members and 22 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X