Post your exciting SFL tank pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boulogne-sur-mer

Vehicle E from 703 sIG Kp, 2 Pz Div, at Boulogne-sur-mer circa May, 23, 1940.

Comment

Angoulême

Just received this pair of photos.

Writing on the back ubicates the pics in Angoulême, Juli 1940, but this is a vehicle from 702 s.I.G. Kp., 1.Pz.Div., and ended the french campaign near the swiss border.
      Anybody knows the moves of first Panzer Division between the end of the french campaign and Barbarossa?

Comment

This may not appeal to the SFL lovers, but the captured SVT rifle is most intersting... A Marder II from P.643.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Akira Takiguchi View Post
          This may not appeal to the SFL lovers, but the captured SVT rifle is most intersting... A Marder II from P.643.

Beautiful photo, Akira! Not only for it's sharpness and clarity, but also for the little details... You can clearly make out that the whitewash was applied with the canvas top fully covering the top of the fighting compartment and has now been partially folded back exposing the base coat that was covered by the edges of the tarp. It looks like the whitewash job was done rather hastily as well; whoever applied it didn't even bother to move the helmet but simply painted around it.

Great photo. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Rob

Comment

Thank you Rob, it appears to be a contact print from 6x9 negative. And the photographer had a very good skill, judging by the overall photographs. Thus great quality!

Comment

Per request ( http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...postcount=1309 ), here are one of the rarest, Pz.Sfl.Ic.

On the Panzer III, you see the triarm sunwheel insignia of 16. Infanterie-Division (mot.)
              Attached Files

Comment

Absolutely spectacular photos, Akira! Until now I was completely unaware of the existence of this vehicle. From the pictures you have posted it clearly has an opened top fighting compartment and is definitely based on the VK901 chassis.

I really appreciate you posting these, so thank you

Rob

Comment

Here is a smaller Self Propelled gun, the Panzerjager I...47mm
                  Attached Files

Comment

a beautiful 38t Marder III 7.62
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by 12thPanzer; 02-28-2012, 02:04 PM.

Comment

sIG 33 auf Pz I

An oddity, Panzertruppen training with sIG 33.
                      also, the shield gun lacks the tools supports.
                      According to writing on the back of the photo, Sartrouville, August 1940.
                      And the dog is "Struppi" (Snowy, Milou...)

Moving the gun. Another oddity, the handrest on top of the wheel.

The full puzzle, with another oddity visible, the backrest of the codrivers seat.
                      (None of the plastic kits of this vehicle has a codrivers seat)

Somebody knows what unit (1,2,5,7,9 or 10 Panzer Division) was at Sartrouville in August 1940?

Comment

There is nothing odd about these pics, they are not tank crewmen training on a sIG 33 but the normal crews of the guns dressed in the black Panzer uniform which they did in fact wear when manning the SP guns. And what you call a handrest appears to me to be the brake which was used to secure the wheel when the gun was mounted on the Pz I, they are lifting the gun into place on the vehicle in these pics.

Comment

So I´ll bring this nice thread back to life

Here one of mine:

Nice to see an tank soldier with two TDBs.

Comment

Originally posted by Huebi View Post
                            So I´ll bring this nice thread back to life

Here one of mine:

Nice to see an tank soldier with two TDBs.
                            One of the most interesting marder picture!I love it!

Comment

Another Marder II

Comment

Another SPG - 15cm sFH13 G.W. Lorraine Schlepper Sd.Kfz. 135/1

The pic was taken by a soldier from the DAK.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X