post your Graves photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Larry

if you mean the O.Gefr. Otto Hans Rüger (# 723) his unit is written on the wooden cross:

" 3. Pi. Btl. 33".

The Volksbund does not know the place of death because normally they put it in the entry when knowing it.

Gerdan

Gerdan

Comment

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/.../PiBat33-R.htm

Gerdan

Comment

post your Graves photos

Hello!!!1
        It's my first photo in this forum.
        I hope that this photo isn't wrong here. (i'm sorry but my english isn't very well)
        It is on the Scharnhorst:

thanks

Comment

Gerdan, no, I'm afraid that you have misinterpreted my question.
          I was asking how one would proceed with finding out what unit my wife's grandfather was in, I was not making reference to the Otto Hans Rüger in John Jones posting.

The VolksBund has provided us with the date of death (March 25 1945) and the place of death (Rozenberg, east Prussia(Konigsberg)) and I was wondering how one would go about finding out which unit he was attached to at the time of death.

I assume that the VolksBund would have this information to be able to know where the man was killed via his units records.

As I mentioned, we initially provided the VolksBund with only his full name and birth date and they were able to give us the information of his date of death and location.

What we would like to know is how we can find out which unit he was with?

Comment

lARRY

I think the sources of the Volksbund are now exhausted and they do not know more about yur wife's gransfather.

But you, better your wife, have an other chance: try to contact the WASt (Deutsche Dienststelle Berlin). They should know more.
            Most of the information the Volksbund has are comming from the files of the Deutsche Dienststelle/Wehrmachtsauskunftsstelle.
            As your wife is directly related with her grandfather there should be no problem with privacy.

Gerdan

Comment

Gerdan, thank you for the help. We shall approach the Deutsche Dienststelle Berlin and see if they can help. It's amazing how much can be forgotten in such a short space of time.

Thanks again!

Comment

Larry you could also contact the German registry office (Standesamt) where he was born or where he was living during the period of his death.

They could also know more about his death and the circumstances. But if the grandpa came from the eastern part of Gemany (now Poland, Russia or Czech) it could be difficult to find those documents from the German time.

Gerdan

Comment

Here are some grave photo's of my collection.

Burial procession.

Panzer soldiers graves?

Grave of Johann Dresia.

Grave of Paul .... Deafes? Can't read the unit, has a stamp of the Dutch city of Oosterbeek at the back.

Comment

Grave of Johann Dresia in Charkow:

Nachname: Dresia
                    Vorname: Johann
                    Dienstgrad: Gefreiter
                    Geburtsdatum: 18.05.1923
                    Geburtsort: Oberzier
                    Todes-/Vermisstendatum: 23.08.1943
                    Todes-/Vermisstenort: Dubrowka

Johann Dresia konnte im Rahmen unserer Umbettungsarbeiten nicht geborgen werden.

Die vorgesehene Überführung zum Sammelfriedhof in Charkow - Sammelfriedhof (Ukraine) war somit leider nicht möglich.
                    Sein Name wird im Gedenkbuch des Friedhofes verzeichnet.

Gerdan

Comment

Pic
                      Attached Files
                      Cheers, Steve
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------
                      "Next to a battle lost, the saddest thing is a battle won." Arthur Wellesley — Duke of Wellington

Comment

Memorial Service
                        Attached Files
                        Cheers, Steve
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------
                        "Next to a battle lost, the saddest thing is a battle won." Arthur Wellesley — Duke of Wellington

Comment

Cross on a wall

Hi Steve,

That's a very unusual photo. I've never seen a cross hooked up on a wall like that. Whose grave did it belong to?

Comment

Here is one from the first weeks of barbarosa. part of a good sized negative grouping.

Mike

Comment

# 739

Nachname: Gelber
                              Vorname: Paul
                              Dienstgrad: Kanonier
                              Geburtsdatum: 10.09.1908
                              Geburtsort: Lippe
                              Todes-/Vermisstendatum: 22.07.1941
                              Todes-/Vermisstenort: Talankino

Paul Gelber ruht auf der Kriegsgräberstätte in Sebesh - Sammelfriedhof (Rußland) .
                              Endgrablage: Block 2 - Unter den Unbekannten - among the unknown

The other two: Uffz. Willi Scheel (KIA 22.7.1941) and Franz Freisigke I coukld not find in the Volkabund list.

Gerdan

Gerdan

Comment

Hallo

Der 2.

Zum Gedenken
                                B3916224
                                Nachname: Scheel
                                Vorname: Wilhelm Heinrich Melchior
                                Dienstgrad: Unteroffizier
                                Geburtsdatum: 10.11.1911
                                Geburtsort: Frankfurt
                                Todes-/Vermisstendatum: 22.07.1941
                                Todes-/Vermisstenort: Talankino
                                Wilhelm Heinrich Melchior Scheel ruht auf der Kriegsgräberstätte in Sebesh - Sammelfriedhof (Rußland) .
                                Endgrablage: Block 2 - Unter den Unbekannten

mfg
                                Ralf

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X