• Time
  • Show
Clear All

next.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Larry

Nice after battle story you have there.

Nice to see some of the behind the scenes action after the front line units had moved on.

Cheers

Karl

Comment

Thanks Karl, glad you like them.

Larry

Comment

Here is another from the last series I posted. The interesting thing is the funeral appears to be taking place in Caen! All the best. Mike
          Attached Files

Comment

Tread is already few days old. Very interesting, so BUMP! Bring them up!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Hello

I thought I would share my 2 pictures of grave sites. The first picture is named to Obr Schutze Fritz Schenfeld and there looks to be a bullet hole
                  at the front of the helmet.
                  Attached Files

Comment

picture #2
                    Attached Files

Comment

The grave of Hans Joachim Marseille,the Star of Africa.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I dont know if this is relevant but here is a modern Photo. Franz Czerwinsky was killed around St Lo on the 20th July 44. He was a paratrooper in Stab1 Fallschirmjager Regiment 8- many period photos show paras around Hill 192 wearing normal infantry helmets. As you can imagine his helmet is my most treasured possesion.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Graves

Originally posted by mvm71 View Post
                          Does anyone know?
                          I know there are a few left, they don't look like graveyards but some are still there. In some of the latest German unit-histories some are mentioned by the writer, like in "Halten oder Sterben, Die hessisch-thüringische 129. Inafnterie-Division".

The autor went back to Russia to discover locals protect the graves against robbers.

Comment

This came from the Bourgebus Ridge in Normandy. There is an outline in the wood where a dogtag was pinned. The woodworm has also fed well on it, it sat in a loft for many years before I got it.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Nice item item Graeme.
                              Not many survived.
                              Here is a variation from Russia..

John
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Graeme G View Post
                                This came from the Bourgebus Ridge in Normandy. There is an outline in the wood where a dogtag was pinned. The woodworm has also fed well on it, it sat in a loft for many years before I got it.
                                Thank you all for sharing with us these great photos!

Graeme, about the photo of your cross, I am wondering what happen with all the crosses in German's field cementeries?? they were removed by the goverments after the war or just destroyed by the local people ??

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 13 users online. 0 members and 13 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X