Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bmw R-35

Hi Todd,

Thanks for the identification of the bike. Any thoughts on what the writing says on the back of the photo or on the unit marking on the front bumper? Was the BMW R-35 a good motorcycle?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by StuGIII View Post
          Hi Todd,

Thanks for the identification of the bike. Any thoughts on what the writing says on the back of the photo or on the unit marking on the front bumper? Was the BMW R-35 a good motorcycle?
          The BMW was considered a medium motorcycle which was in production from 1937-40. It was not considered a very popular motorcycle by the troops. (German Motorcycles in WW II by Schiffer Publishing)

Comment

Bmw R-35

Hi Todd,

Thanks for the reply. I guess it was unpopular due to being underpowered? It looks like a nice motorcycle. Hard to imaging BMW making a bad cycle.

Can anyone identify the unit to which this soldier was attached to or translate the writing on the reverse of the image for me?

Comment

The symbol on the right side of the fender looks like it is a tactical symbol for an artillery unit (WW II German Military Symbols & Abbreviations 1943-45).

Comment

BMW R-35 tactical symbol

Hi Todd,

Thanks for the reply. So he might have been a scout or a dispatch rider for an artillery unit, is that about right?

Comment

heres one of mine

hello i am not sure of the make of this one any help?
                  thanks Mark cant work out the file sizes on the uploads very frustrating system.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by sef1962; 04-02-2008, 08:03 AM. Reason: bigger picture

Comment

Hi Mark,

Is there any way you can enlarge the scan of the bike?

Comment

bigger scan

Hello, this is the biggest i can get very small photo thanks mark

Comment

Heres One I Found Is Soldier On The Left Wearing An American Helmet Or Is It The Camera Angle ..........regards Steve
                        Attached Files

Comment

hello zander, great photo, thank you for shareing. I think all the helmets are german soldier helmets.
                          Thanks.
                          Ian

Comment

THANKS IAN........ ......steve

Comment

Originally posted by sef1962 View Post
                              hello i am not sure of the make of this one any help?
                              thanks Mark cant work out the file sizes on the uploads very frustrating system.
                              Mark,

It appears your bike is a DKW NZ350 medium cycle.

Comment

thanks todd heres a few more

picture 1
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 35 users online. 0 members and 35 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X