Attached Files

Comment

another lot with police on bikes ..
          Attached Files

Comment

one of the bike photos close up
            Attached Files

Comment

This is the only motorcycle photo i have so far,fun picture.

Martin.
              Attached Files

Comment

That last one is a pre-war Zundapp DB200. I used to own one like that (1936).
                GREAT!

Here's a neat war time NSU 251 OSL in Waffen SS use (Sudfront). Note skid plate under engine, so for sure "Wehrmachts Ausfuhrung"
                Attached Files
                Last edited by NickG; 02-15-2008, 05:21 PM.

Comment

LW medical doctor

and a LW medical doctor in a Zundapp KS600 or K800 side-car!
                  Lets keep this thread going!!!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by torstenbel View Post
                    one of the photos close up
                    Great photo! Is that an early Feldgendarmerie uniform?

Comment

My contribution.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Nick, please refrain from posting scans you picked up on the net. This forum is for collector of real photos and I expect photos posted here be scanned from the original photos in the collection of the poster. Of course scans of various origin can be posted for research purpose (to explain something, to answer certain questions) but for "show us..." type of threads, it is not the case.

Thank you for your understanding.
                        Attached Files

Comment

understood! Sorry! Just wanted to keep the thread going and I ran out of bike pics...
                          BTW great ZUndapp picture. Looks like a K500 with civilian side car!

Comment

Thanks Nick for understanding (by the way photos of your "real thing" collection always impresses me... thank you for sharing!).

Here's one from southern Russia, 1941.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Akira.

Was that unit symbol on the back the reason for you asking the 197I.D might have filled in triangles?

It does look slightly different so I am guessing it belongs to the mentioned unit in the slide.

Going to call this photo as being in the Balkans. Comes with other negatives that for the most are very sharp and scan in well.

Cheers

Karl
                              Attached Files

Comment

As always - very sharp and attractive!

Originally posted by Karl B View Post
                                Was that unit symbol on the back the reason for you asking the 197I.D might have filled in triangles?

It does look slightly different so I am guessing it belongs to the mentioned unit in the slide.
                                Yes, "if looks different, it is different" - my conclusion was to link the symbol to II/A.R.63. It does look much similar to cheese portions than known 197.I.D. symbol (197.I.D. was called "cheese division" [Schmitz/Thies]), and the division was in the same Armeekorps, but the symbol was not of the division in my current opinion.

Also, notice the rightmost motorcyclist has a black head and black rifle, both appear to be water- and dust- proofed.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 20 users online. 0 members and 20 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X