Show us your German POW photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

facial hair

any one notice the absence of HITLER MUSTACHES on prisoners?

Comment

Here a photo of german prisoners from 1946..note the different uniforms..
      Dated the 14th of march 1946.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hans....Very nice POW portrait with the Sani wearing a M44 Tunic. Thank you for sharing it with us on this thread.

Bill

Originally posted by Hans Kristian View Post
        Here a photo of german prisoners from 1946..note the different uniforms..
        Dated the 14th of march 1946.

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
          Oct 19 - POW - 6
          Fantastic pictures, I am amazed to see that they still have their decorations and insignia, but no breasteagles of course. Good indication of why the eagles so often are reapplied.

Best regards
          Hans Kristian

Sendt fra min MAR-LX1A med Tapatalk

Comment

My small contribution...
            However, at least one of the characters in the pics must be an american soldier for sure
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello Ironcrown....No contribution is too small. I believe the black man is a GI and the soldier wearing a tie. Thanks for sharing your photos on this thread.

I just received six more German POW in Canada Portraits to share with you all.

Jan 20 - 01

Originally posted by Ironcrown View Post
              My small contribution...
              However, at least one of the characters in the pics must be an american soldier for sure
              Attached Files

Comment

Jan 20 - 02
                Attached Files

Comment

Jan 20 - 03
                  Attached Files

Comment

Jan 20 - 04
                    Attached Files

Comment

Jan 20 - 05
                      Attached Files

Comment

Jan 20 - 06 - Two Spanish Crosses with swords and a U-Boat Badge being worn
                        Attached Files

Comment

Jan 20 - 07 llford England German POW Camp - Reverse side says Kriegsgefanenshaft Lieford Ostermontag 47
                          Attached Files

Comment

Photo #1900 is amazing not for the variety, but for the uniformity. As far as I can see ALL are wearing m41 army uniforms and look as clean and squared away as if ready for inspection.

Comment

Originally posted by TONY GANZ View Post
                              Photo #1900 is amazing not for the variety, but for the uniformity. As far as I can see ALL are wearing m41 army uniforms and look as clean and squared away as if ready for inspection.
                              The tunics do seem surprisingly crisp, though I don't imagine the Heeres Bekleidungsamt was supplying prisoners with replacement uniforms through the International Red Cross.

Comment

A front line picture taken in April 1945 in Germany following a fallschirmjaeger counterattack...

Mike
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X