No announcement yet.

Show us your German POW photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is that NCO braid on the collar of the M44 in this photo posted today by Mr. Petz Apr13 - POW Portrait - 2? sure looks like it!

Kev

Comment

New Additions!

Apr13 - POW Portrait - 3 - POW Camp Carson, Colorado
      Attached Files

Comment

Apr13 - POW Portrait - 4
        Attached Files

Comment

Well groomed POWs from the AFRIKA campaign. Based on how healthy they look I'd say taken sometime around 1945 maybe before repatriation. Anybody recognize any of these guys from other pics in this Thread? I'd like to know if the camp can be identified based on one or more of them?? Some are wearing PABs and IABs.
          Attached Files

Comment

I know they are not in Egypt from the building behind them.

Comment

I think they may be in Canada...I've seen many of the buildings like that in my POW collection with tar like coverings on the side of the barracks instead the U.S. style of white painted wooden barracks. Another very possible hint is the wearing of badges, decorations and still having insignia on their uniforms. Just my two cent opinion.

Comment

Thank you both for the reply. I figured they weren't in Egypt as my understanding from some things I've read by DAK POWs is that the conditions in the camps in Egypt were pretty crappy.

Canada makes sense as they don't appear to be tanned like you would see after a couple of years in a Texas or other US camp.

Thanks again!

Bob

Comment

I went back through some of the portraits I previously posted on my thread and a few show very similiar tar like coverings on the barracks in POW Camp 133 Ottawa, Canada

Bill

Originally posted by Waffenreich View Post
                  Thank you both for the reply. I figured they weren't in Egypt as my understanding from some things I've read by DAK POWs is that the conditions in the camps in Egypt were pretty crappy.

Canada makes sense as they don't appear to be tanned like you would see after a couple of years in a Texas or other US camp.

Thanks again!

Bob

Comment

Appreciate the time you spent trying to help Bill

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
                    I went back through some of the portraits I previously posted on my thread and a few show very similiar tar like coverings on the barracks in POW Camp 133 Ottawa, Canada

Bill

Comment

Jun13 - POW Portrait - 1
                      Attached Files

Comment

Jun13 - POW Portrait - 2
                        Attached Files

Comment

Jun13 - POW Portrait - 3
                          Attached Files

Comment

Jun13 - POW Portrait - 4 - Same man in #3 but now a Polizei
                            Attached Files

Comment

Jun13 - POW Portrait - 5 - LW NCO CAMP Buther-Davis, NC - 13 May 1945
                              Attached Files

Comment

Jun13 - POW Portrait - 6a - Wearing FJ Badge..Camp Unknown
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X