No announcement yet.

Panzer items?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jason, I am the one who posted that emblem/shield trying to define it, I have several pictures with this emblem shown,
    Steve

Comment

Here is the emblem posting, Steve

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103481&highlight=unidentified&pag e=29

Comment

Thanks Steve, those were exactly the photos I was thinking of. The "K" symbol suggests the shield was is use in 1941-1942.

Comment

Only if the date is known!

Comment

Originally posted by Akira Takiguchi View Post
            Only if the date is known!
            I was under the impression that the "K" for Kleist symbol in Russia only existed while Kleist commanded 1. Panzerarmee (until November 1942). 16.Pz.Div. was under Kleist almost constantly from June 1941 until August 1942. They were in Italy in 1943 and therefore not under Kleist. The overlap between Kleist and 16.Pz.Div. is 1941-42. I don't believe the "K" symbol was used after 1943, although I stand to be corrected.

Jason

Comment

I believe that the shield sign is from one of the Armeekorps under Kleist, thus if the date is known, we can choose one (as I responded to Steve's message in the unidentified emblem thread).

Comment

(but it is also possible that the sign is from Batallionskommandeur or such)

Comment

Thanks to all for trying to find out more about this grouping, as for dates, the diaries are dated 1.44 to 3.45.
                  Great work
                  Regards,
                  Gary

Comment

Also this letter was in the grouping, maybe i should of put in the "Translate" thread?
                    It does mention Gen. Hube, can someone please translate this in short
                    Thank You All
                    Regards,
                    Gary
                    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

2nd paragraph, 1st page, he starts out saying he sent a letter describing he accompanied General Hube on a visit with the Fuhrer! Shortly after takeoff the airplane seems to have hit a hill/mountain, broke apart in the 30m tall trees, and crashed in 3 main parts. He was conscious of being held firm in his seat by the g-forces, then he lost consciousness. There were 10 other people in the aircraft.

I notice at the bottom of the second to last page, and top of last page, he's describing the death of a general & both pilots in an aircraft crash. Also looks like they took him to a lazarett. The second paragraph on back page describes his (I believe) injuries, which are plentiful.

The letter is to (primarily) his mother. He tells her at the end of the letter he's mentally worn out, and his hand is tired from writing. But he sends his best wishes, and hopes the letter quenches his parent's thirst for knowledge of what's going on in his life.

best
                        Hank
                        Last edited by Hank Cummings; 02-02-2012, 02:08 PM.
                        Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                        ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Thank You very much Hank, i also just posted it the translation thread.
                          All the Best,
                          Gary

Comment

So this letter is from a survivor of the plane crash that killed Hube!

On 20th April 1944, Hans Valentin Hube returned to Germany where Adolf Hitler personally awarded him the Diamonds and promoted him to generaloberst. Hans Hube was killed when his plane crashed near Hitler's residence while returning to the Eastern Front on 21st April 1944.
                            Source: http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=32166

Jason

Comment

This group is simply amazing.....and it seems to just keep giving and giving!!

Comment

It does seem to be the proverbial diamond in a hill of coal...wow.

Hank
                                Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                                ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X