Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks!

Comment

WOW!!What an amazing thread!!Thanks to Skorvin and Jason and all the others that have contributed to this fantastic historical piece,a lot of of hard work and dedication have been put into this and it shows,as stated by many members already,thanks so much,very appreciated

Comment

this thread should be pinned

Comment

The montage at #159 with the prisoners is superb and completely haunting. All of these photo montages are wonderful.

Colin

Comment

Originally posted by crfraser View Post
            The montage at #159 with the prisoners is superb and completely haunting. All of these photo montages are wonderful.

Colin
            I agree ! Super Cool !

Comment

Eerie and haunting

These recent photo montages really do more than just provide a relative comparison to the past, they evoke the specters and ruins that still haunt the present.

Very well done, skvorin, you do the forum a real service posting here.

Thanks also to jmark for starting the thread with his comparative photos and astute observations. Curious about the book.

Best Regards
              Last edited by Albrecht; 03-26-2013, 01:31 AM. Reason: *

Comment

In a word " incredible"

Darren

Comment

Originally posted by Albrecht View Post
                  These recent photo montages really do more than just provide a relative comparison to the past, they evoke the specters and ruins that still haunt the present.
                  The sad reality. In February - March 1943 in Stalingrad were dead people much more than the living. And, of course, most of them buried ... not godly. Corpses of Germans, the Romanian, Russians filled Stalingrad ravines, basements and funnel. How many of them? No one knows.
                  Creepy photo.

Comment

Pin it Pin it Pin it,,Probably the best Thread ive ever seen on Wehrmacht Awards Forum

KR,Ross
                    Last edited by Volksgrenadier 44; 03-26-2013, 06:05 AM. Reason: .

Comment

i really have enjoyed your mixed Then & Now pictures skvorin Great job.

regards

Erwin

Comment

When i'm in the City i always stop in the Intourist or Volgograd so it's great to see this comparison

Comment

Originally posted by skvorin View Post
                          The sad reality. In February - March 1943 in Stalingrad were dead people much more than the living. And, of course, most of them buried ... not godly. Corpses of Germans, the Romanian, Russians filled Stalingrad ravines, basements and funnel. How many of them? No one knows.
                          Creepy photo.
                          Yes, despite our interest in the history, most would agree it's a difficult concept to completely fathom. This is why A picture is worth a thousand words.
                          Last edited by Albrecht; 03-26-2013, 07:08 PM. Reason: *

Comment

Originally posted by skvorin View Post
                            The site of the road to a crossing remained. In the steppe of the road it is not visible, she can be noticed only on a slope. 70 years ago, on August 23, 1942, 3 Inf.Div. (mot), 60 Inf.Div.(mot) and 16 Pz.div . hurried to Stalingrad through this crossing. Hurried on a meeting with own death.

images
                            Good photo from Ebay for this topic.

screen capture

Comment

Originally posted by crfraser View Post

Colin
                              I heartily agree. #159 is so appealing.

Comment

This fall, scheduled the premiere of the film "Stalingrad", directed by Fedor Bondarchuk. Son follows in the footsteps of his father. Fedor's father, Sergey Bondarchuk (Oscar Academy Award and Golden Globe Award) in 1974, made a wonderful film about Stalingrad battle. The film is called "They Fought for Motherland". I think, this film in Russia have seen everything. In the movie there are no communistic slogans and habitual cinema stamps. Real national film. Interesting fact, Mikhail Sholokhov (author of the book "They Fought for Motherland") has agreed to filming only on one condition. He will specify a place on which there will be shooting movie. He chose the farm Melologovsky. 150 kilometers from Volgograd, 15 kilometers from Kletskaya. This farm is thrown long ago and doesn't exist today. In August 1942, in this place, on the banks of the Don, the most severe fighting took place between the German 376.ID, 100.leID and 321 divisions from Siberia.
                                39 years later, I wanted to find this place. You can see results in photos. I tried to combine frames from the movie with the photos.

Plane crash

хостинг картинок bmp

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X